Waking up

Warning- this was written straight after BOO with no original plan in mind,, continue

Percy pov

¤
     Waking up in a cold sweat isn't exactly how I planned on starting the day, but it seemed that it was the only way for me to wake up now. Shivering slightly, I sat up in my bed and the fact that I was tangled up in my bed sheets sent my fingers into frantically trying to get the fleecy restraints off me.

     With shaking hands and a now pounding head, atrue testament to my lack od sleep and bed fright , I un wrapped myself from my cocoon of warmth and placed my feet on the wooden floor.

Having nightmares this often is probably not healthy... I thought drearily. I rubbed My eyes. Being scared of being wrapped up in your blankets wasn't quite normal either. Not anymore.

     My eyes were probably red from crying out in my sleep and they certainly weren't dry now. Unfortunately, being a son of Poseidon didn't include power over tears, or at least I didn't get that power. My throat was hoarse as well. I hated that feeling. I felt so.. so angry.

Crying won't solve anything. So what's the point.

It helped though, in a sick way. i could cry and scream and punch the pillows beneath me and at least I felt something other than the mind numbing static or the sickness in my head.

    There wasn't a point other than I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING BEYOND BASIC EMOTIONS ANYMORE AND WHEN I DO IN TERRIFIED. But what else was there to do? My throat was tight as I stared at the cracked ceiling. How Do you conquer twisted, dark nightmares, extreme guilt, fear of losing control, panic attacks, and hopelessness at the fact that only two others understood the same horrors of... That place. They seemed to be coping better thhan me.
*
*
*
*
*
It was cold enough to wear a sweatshirt outside now. Besides, it would hide the permanent tremor in my hand that only seemed to fade when gripping a sword. I hated that. I hated it a lot. I hated a lot. Hey, there's another thing I feel.

I stepped outside of my cabin, my head low. I made minimal effort to aknowlrdge my fellow friends, but even that was tiring. The thought of eating my my stomach writhe and I wince.

Percy Jackson is weak. He is too busy throwing himself a pity party to go and join his friends who surely don't spend their nights sobbing in their sleep. I cringe and move faster, determined to drown out the voice in the back of my head like I tried to drown Misery. Ironic, isn't it.

I wasn't going to talk to anybody right now. I was headed for the lake. Blackjack would be there. I could communicate with my equine friend without having to say anything aloud.

I passed a few water troughs outside the cabins on the way to my destination. I tried not to notice that the water inside began swirling and crashing into the sides of their containers.  I bit my lip and forced the water to remain calm. I seemed to be forcing myself instead. And that was even harder.

I almost made it to the lake when someone bumped into my shoulder.

"Whoa!" I yelped and turned to face the offender.

It was Piper.

"Hey Percy. What are you doing out here and not eating? I didn't see you yesterday." She said while pulling her choppy hair out of her face. She was smiling. "I was worried a little."

I honestly didn't feel like answering. I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to say.

"What are you not doing at the pavilion?" I muttered.

"Well,  I usually sneak in food from the camp store and ah- ask the Stolls to get me some." She added quickly,"I pay them though!"
She muttered something that sounded suspiciously like sometimes. I felt a laugh trying to force itself out.

She finished hurriedly. "I like to snack at night. Anyways I'm pretty sure you don't midnight snack and you're probably really hungry. So I'm going to ask you again, why are you not eating with the others?" She sounded concerned now.

"I'm not hungry."

"Mhm. Percy you're always hungry."

I couldn't avoid her forever or else she would charm speak me. I wanted to say something, but my voice abandoned me. I looked her in the eye and sighed. Can you take a hint? Leave me alone.

Her eyes studied mine. I could see the colors changing in the morning light. It was a cross between hazel and blue. Both?

"Percy are you alright? Your eyes are red," she touched my arm lightly.

Ignoring the last part, I replied,"Absolutely Piper. Now if I can just-" I tried tugging away.

She cut me off. "Now wait Percy. What's wrong?"

Everything in me wanted to scream nothing! I'm fine! Don't worry about me!

I couldn't help it. My eyes turned glassy and my voiced cracked when I spoke again,
"Please Piper. I don't want to talk about it. I was just going to see blackjack."

I couldn't cry in front of her. I couldn't talk to her about this. It would be-i knew it- unfair to talk t her and subject her to something she didn't,and never would, understand.

"Not right now, Piper." I looked back up at her face again, hopefully with a pleading look in my eyes.

I've been told they look like baby seal eyes, and hopefully they worked like magic.

They didn't.

She had a steely look in her eyes now. I had forgotten how tough she could be.
"Yes now, Percy. If we don't talk about it now, then we'll never bring it up and then I can't help you." She softened her gaze now."and I'm pretty good at listening."

I shook my head quickly like Mrs O'Leary after a bath. Nope. Not doing this. Not right now.

"Wrong answer, come on Percy," she grabbed my sleeve and began to pull me into the woods, away from prying eyes.

She kept looking back at me while she was walking, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing. A pathetic, miserable teenager who happened to be one of the most powerful demigods in history. She couldn't believe it.

And I couldn't either.

Thats part one! Part two will be added soon. It's in pipers pov. Piper will interro-*ahem*'ask Percy some questions in the next chapter and he will reveal why he truthfully believes and feels. I might cry while writing it but it's okay because we can cry together.
Pleeeease vote and comment! I love comments!
~Noelle