{ 15 } The Note

{ Saabira }

How can they not be siblings?

I'm a hundred percent certain that they are.

But why would he lie and say no?

"Come and bring the paper up, everyone. It's time to go," he gives me the paper we filled out and I take it to the professor. After I'm done, I head back to my desk, gathering all of my belongings.

I start walking but stop when I notice my phone vibrating in my bag.

I immediately take it out. I read a text message from an unknown number.

I open it up and read it.

Go to the river side park at 6:00 if you want a job.

I reread it one more time, just to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. They aren't playing tricks.

Job? Unknown caller? What in the world is going on? Most importantly, should I go?

I should for the job, but I don't even know who this person is. It could be a killer.

I put my phone back, but then take it back out when it vibrates again.

I just want help. Please.

Help? I don't even know this person.

What do I need to help with anyway?

I look at the time on my phone which reads 5:50.

Oh Allah, should I go?

I put my phone back and realize I'm still in the classroom. I smile to myself and then get out of the class. I walk in the direction of my car.

I should go. There might be people at River side park. If anything happens, I'll just scream.

I unlock my car and get in.

"Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi." I quietly pray, getting out of my car.

I look at the park full of little kids and their parents.

Where is this mysterious person?

"As-salamu alaykum, you must be Saabira right?" I hear a male voice ask me, making me jump.

I turn around and see a familiar face. I smile, knowing that he won't kill me.

"Wa-Alaikum-Salaam, yes, it's me. It's nice to see you again," I say facing James' dad who I remember from the incident.

"I was approached by a young man at jummah prayer who was asking me to give you a job. He also asked me to meet you at this park, if you were wondering why we're here," he says with a little chuckle.

"Who is this young man?" I ask.

"He actually didn't say who he was. It seemed like he cares for you, may I add," he informed me.

Cared for me? Who is this young man?

"What is this job?" I really need this job.

"I'm a CEO and I'm hiring," he informs me. That doesn't really answer my question, but okay.

"Great. But, how did you get my phone number?" I ask once again.

"Phone number?" He repeats, confused.

"Yeah, you messaged me. Didn't you?" He starts shaking his head.

"Nope. I was just told to meet you here, but I have to go. It's almost Asr prayer, As-salamu alaykum," he smiles at me.

"Wa-Alaikum-Salaam," I say back, returning a smile and with that, I leave James's dad and head to my car while my phone vibrates in my bag.

I dig it out of my bag and see a message from the unknown person.

I open it and read.

Good choice. Soon, we'll be together Insh'Allah.

Be together? What does that mean?