Enemies with benefits

Hey thanks for reading, hope you and enjoy, vote, fan, comment - etc!

Might not be the best story out there but at least I'm trying! :)

Jade’s POV:

‘tell me why I’m doing this again’ I asked for the 5th time.

‘you’ Lex said, while pointing at me ‘love me so much, that’s why’

‘not this much’ I muttered under my breath. Lex probably heard but she was a pro at playing deaf.

I was currently laying on the floor half under my best friend Lex’s bed, flipping through a month old US weekly. Why you ask, well I was trying to escape the pink attack that was Lex’s room by hiding – it wasn’t working. But this was how bored I was, I was looking at US weekly, I was not a fashionista like Lex, nor was I a gossip girl like Trish –our other best friend- , I was undoublity a nerd with a twist. I didn’t generally date or care about clothes, makeup or parties. Apparently tonight was an exception and the only reason I was here was because Trisha was spending quality time with her father – time admittedly that she needed as he was never there. But now I was stuck in fulfilling her promise.

I was going on a date with Matthew Silverlin, Lex’s older player and jerk of a brother. While I mulled this thought over, Lex was busy searching through her seemingly never ending supply of clothing, throwing dress after dress out while at all times muttering a long string of curses under her breath at her innocent wardrobe. This was not unusual; the only unusual bit was that she was looking for an outfit for me and not her. I was so excited (note the sarcasm).

Apparently my normal ripped jeans and various humorous t-shirts were not up to the occasion. Not that I cared in the slightest about Matt’s impression of me, after 10 years there really was no longer any point – I guess what they say is true first impressions really do count.

Flashback: 10 years ago – at the local stop and shop.

At eight years old I had an obsession with canned goods – somewhat strange but I never claimed to be normal – this is why I was in the supermarket trying to decide between alphabet spaghetti and tomato soup. I was starring at the cans hoping for some sign of which one to choose when I was knocked over, flat on my back, by a skinny, black haired boy. This was the first time I met Matt and let’s just say we didn’t hit it off.

‘God mind out where your going, idiot’ he snapped at me.

I hated people being rude to me and in true red head temper, I glared at him and said ‘You knocked me over, stupid and now your shouting at me and its your fault’ I stabbed my finger after each word for aphesis.

He looked momentarily taken aback by my response but in true player style he smirked ‘whatever you want to believe carrot’. At the time he was only 9 so off course he wasn’t a full out player just one in training.

Before I could shove him as I planned to, Lex my best friend - although I didn’t know it then, interrupted and when she saw our glare off she just signed loudly and pushed him out of her way before turning to talk to me.

‘Sorry about my brother he was dropped on his head as a baby’ she said smiling. From that point onwards we became friends, much to Matt’s disgust and our relationship didn’t get better as the years past - in fact it got worst.

Present:

While I had been alternating between daydreaming and reading pointless gossip, Lex had found and I quote ‘the perfect outfit’ to which I had just replied with a raised eyebrow.

After an hour of playing dolly dress up I felt as if I could sleep for hours, unfortunately this wasn’t on the date schedule according to Lex. All I can say is WTF is a date schedule – I answer myself, a form of painful torture. (Insert fake smile for best friends benefit  J ).