Prologue

Louis' POV 

I look around trying to find Harry. We are playing hide and seek and he is pretty good for a three year old. It must be his cat instincts that make him such a good hider.

I crawl up the steps that lead to the attic. This is the only place left that he can be. He wasn't in any of the other places around the house.

When I reach the top I grab onto the door handle and slowly open the door. I quickly peer around the room and a slight flick of black catches my eye. I step closer to get a better look and notice that a little black tail is flicking back and forth behind a box.

Knowing it is Harry; I quickly jump over the box and tackle the younger boy. Harry starts giggling madly while I'm holding on to him. 

When his laughter calms down he looks up at me beaming.

"Lou Lou, you found me!"

I look at him with adoration in my eyes. Starting to stand up I stick my hand out for him to grab. He accepts my offer and stands up with me.

"C'mon Haz lets go down stairs to our parents." Just then shouting and a loud crash is heard from down stairs. Harry whimpers and pushes himself into my side.

I detach myself from Harry and bend down to his level.

"I'm going to go down stairs and see what's going on. You stay here okay?" Harry only nods his head meekly.

I head for the door, and when the shouting suddenly stops, open it and start making my way down stairs.

When I make it to the bottom I peer around the corner to see Harry and mines parents being pulled outside unconscious. I faintly hear the big gruff man holding my mum mumble,

"What freaks," I grab a hold of my tail and frown at what he says. "I'm happy we caught these ones as quick as we could. We don't want people finding out about them. They are absolutely repulsive and I'm glad that we're getting rid of them." The man next to the big gruff man nods his head in agreement.

I gasp at this new found knowledge. Hurriedly I make my way back into the attic. When I spot Harry in the same place I left him moments ago. I grab his hand and start leading him away from the door. I lead him into the farthest corner and sit down behind a box with him on my lap.

Harry gives me a confused expression but continues to lean back into my embrace, grabbing one of my fingers.

"Lou Lou where's our mummy and daddies?" Harry asks while still holding on to one of my fingers. I look down at him with a sorrowful look. A little three year old wouldn't understand what just happened.

"They went away Harry," I try to say calmly, "and they're not coming back."

Harry then looks up at me with tear filled eyes and whimpers out "But I want my mummy and daddy."

My heart lurches for the younger boy but I can't do anything about what had just happened. It was beyond my control.

"It's okay Harry we'll go live with Zayn. You remember him right? He's the little boy down the street." Harry nods his head and sniffles.

Right then I swore to myself that I would do whatever it takes to make sure the younger boy stays safe.

A/N Ok so that was the prologue. What do you think? I already have the first chapter written so if I get, let’s say at least one vote, I'll update it quickly. If not I'll probably update it soon. Love you <3