Chapter 2: Brown Eyes

Louis' POV

I laugh as Harry gets hit in the face with a streamer roll that Zayn throws at him. Harry glares at Zayn but leaves it, turning to put up the last streamer.

Once the streamers are up he sighs and turns around. He then walks over to the chair behind me and sits down pulling me on top of him. I chuckle a bit as he whines,

"Pup, how long until people are going to start arriving?" I pull out my phone and look down at the time. It was just past five.

"A little less than half an hour. Why? Is my little kitten getting impatient?" I chuckle slightly as he huffs and nuzzles his head against me again, his kitten ears tickling my neck.

"I’m bored Lou! Entertain me!" He whines, putting extra emphasis on 'tain'. "And I’m not little. I’m bigger than you." Harry points out.

"Well I remember when I was biggest so shut up!" I scold him. "Why don’t we catch up on your life Zayn? You've been slightly secretive lately." I waggle my eyebrows in his direction to signal for him to talk.

Zayn looks down and a thinking look crosses his face. Suddenly a light blush tints his cheeks and he visibly swallows.

"Zayn? Do you... fancy someone?" I asked him with a serious look on my face, knowing that his actions normally meant he fancied someone. His blush deepens but he slowly nods his head yes. Suddenly Harry’s deep raspy voice startles me saying,

"What’s her name? Do we know her?"

Zayn tenses at the questions and lowers his head saying,

"No you don’t know them but the thing is... is... I-it’s not a girl." He rushes the last part out so fast that I almost don't hear it. Almost.

Once I process what he has said a large grin crosses my face and I ask, slightly bouncing,

"What’s his name? What’s he look like? Is he nice? Do you know if he likes you back?" My bouncing immediately stops when I remember I am still on Harrys lap. A light blush crosses my face but I turn my attention back to Zayn. A small smile spreads across Zayns face when he notices that I don't mind him liking a guy.

"So you guys aren’t disgusted by me?"

"We would never be disgusted with you!" I turn to look at Harrys face and add, "Right Harry?" He nods his head in agreement but says back with a cheeky smile,

"Unless you raped a duck and you were telling us about it. That would be disgusting." He shakes his head with a repulsed look on his face as if to prove his point. Zayns face holds a look of distaste too until a large grin spreads wide across it.

"Well in that case, his name is Liam James Payne and he has gorgeous brown eyes. They're like deep pools of chocolate and I can’t help but to get lost in them. He has light brown hair that’s the perfect length. Not too long yet not to short."

I can’t help but to slightly tune Zayn out as he continues to gush about this boy name Liam so freely to us. It got me to thinking about how he’s describing him. He’s making him sound like the most perfect person in the world. I think about Harry and how I would do absolutely anything for him. He’s always on my mind twenty four/seven. Just knowing that I can never be with him, not only because he’s straight but also because I’m his best friend, already hurts enough; but seeing him all the time just adds to the mix. Even though it pains me, I can’t leave. I could never do that to him, and the pain would be unbearable. I’m staying until he doesn't want me anymore because I love him.

I then started to tune back into the conversation because I spaced out for a while; thinking about my feelings for Harry.

"He’s the sweetest guy I've ever know and it just so happens that he’s gay. So I have a chance! I invited him to the party if you don’t mind Harry." I turn my head slightly to see Harry’s reaction to this. It seems like the smile on his face can get any larger when he exclaims,

"Of course that’s ok with me! You're going to have to introduce us. I need to meet the boy that stole our little Zayns heart!"

Suddenly I feel a nuzzling on my back and Harry fake-sobs,

"Our little Zayniepoo has grown up so fast! I-I’m so proud Pup! Aren’t you?!?" In return I fling my arms around his shoulder and nuzzle my face into his neck fake-sobbing back,

"I-I know! Soon he’s going to be getting married and have children!" Before I can finish our heart wrenching conversation the door bell rings. I jump up from my spot on Harry's lap, him having let go of my waist during our little sobbing fest, ruining the moment. I start heading for the door when Harry calls out,

"Pup, your beanie!" My hands fling to my head in search for my grey beanie only to be met with the thin fabric rubbing against my finger tips. I scold Harry, but he only chuckles and says,

"That’s payback. Now go answer the door." I huff in annoyance but comply, heading to the door.

When I opened the door, a fairly attractive lad is standing before me. I take in his appearance. He had dark, puppy dog brown eyes and light brown hair. He towers over me slightly and had a shy smile on his face. Before I can ask who he is my question is already answered.

"My name’s Liam Payne. Zayn invited me."

A/N Yay chapter 2 in up! And now Liam’s entered the picture!  Ok so on May 30th I’m going to be leaving for vacation and won’t be back until probably June 8th-9th so if I don’t upload before then and it takes a long time now you know why. Hopefully I’ll be able to update before then but if not you know.