Chapter 1: Where's Your Beanie?

Louis' POV

"Lou, Haz just because it’s the last day of school doesn’t mean you don’t have to go!" Zayn shouts from down stairs, "Come down here and eat!"

It has been 15 years since that day. Since then Harry and I have moved in with Zayn and their family, as they never got caught. We moved away to a little town called Cheshire; hoping to start life over.

Harry and I finish school today, and then summer vacation starts. Harry is graduating high school while I'm finishing my second year of university.

It still confuses me how Zayn’s family never got taken considering they were cat hybrids, just like Harry. I guess that’s just how fucked up society is. It just wants to completely ruin my life. The only reason I still get along is because of Zayn and Harry. They are my only friends after all. While they are the only one I mainly talk to, Harry is a social butterfly. He has got to many friends to count and is probably the most popular kid in his school. I'm proud that he's got so many friends. It means he’s got other people to support him besides Zayn’s family and me.

I sit up in bed and notice that Harry's not in the room anymore, so I decide to haul my way out of bed and downstairs. I walk into the kitchen to see Harry, Zayn, and Zayn’s sisters sitting at the table eating pancakes. Since there are no empty seats, I walk over to Harry. I pull his chair out somewhat, then gracefully collapse down on to his lap. On instinct Harry wraps his unoccupied arm around my waist. I nuzzle my head back into his neck and he whispers,

"Did you have a nice sleep Pup?" I groan at the use of his embarrassing nickname for me so I reply,

"Why yes I did Kitty." His arm that is around my waist squeezes me faintly. I just silently laugh at his reaction.

When Harry is about to take a bite of his pancake; I lean forward and capture the bit in my mouth. Harry groans at this, but does not say anything. At that moment in time Safaa speaks up saying,

"Urgh! Why don’t you two just confess your feelings for each other already?"

A rosy blush tints my face and my heart skips a beat. She couldn’t know about my feelings for Harry, could she? I’ve done my best to hide them. There’s no way she could have found out.

A light chuckle erupts from behind me. Harry then leans forward and nuzzles his head into my neck saying,

"There's nothing to confess. I’m an open book with Lou. I believe we are already technically married. Don’t you think Lou?"

I could feel my heart swell with pain at those few words. Harry and I are just friends. That’s all we'll ever be. This is merely a joke to him.

“Yeah, we are.” I reply weakly.

I excuse myself from the table, having lost my appetite, and make my way upstairs to my shared bedroom with Harry. When I enter, I get dressed for the last day of school. I end up choosing a white t-shirt and beige chinos with the ankles rolled up just the way I like them. I tuck my tail into the back of my pants and finish the outfit with a beige beanie to cover my ears. I check the mirror to make sure my sharp teeth aren’t showing and they're not, so I make my way down stairs to meet up with Harry and Zayn.

When I reach the front door I point to Harry's head and say,

"Beanie," Harry pats his head franticly and finds that his beanie is, in fact, on his head. Harry scowls at me so I playfully stick my tongue out at him.

I rush out the door to catch up with Zayn and walk with him to school. Our home is conveniently not far from our university.

~~~~~~

When I get home I sit myself down on the couch and wait for Harry to get there. No longer than 10 minutes later, Harry is walking in the front door.

"I’m in the living room Kitty!" I bellow in the general direction of the door. A few seconds later Harry comes in and sits down next to me. His body mass creates a ripple in the couch cushions, shaking me ever so slightly.

"Ok Pup, I have one more person I want to add to my graduation party list. I know you said I wasn’t allowed to invite more people, but he's a really cool lad."

I look at Harrys face and he’s giving me none other than that treacherous kitty face. If he weren’t wearing a beanie I know for fact that his ears would be down to complete the pout. His plump pouting lips send me over the top. With a roll of my eyes at my own weakness I ask,

"Ok, who is it?"

A look of pure delight crosses Harrys face and his beanie nudges slightly so I know his ears were indeed down when he was asking me earlier.

Harry slings his long arms around me tightly and makes a squeak of joy. Close to being a happy little mew. He can be such a cat at times. But, that's why I love him. I start to grow hotter the longer Harrys arms are around me. His touch felt like fire and I am burning up. I clear my throat a little to get his attention.

"Harry you still haven't told me who this mystery person is yet."

Harry quickly removes his limbs from around my body and I give an involuntary sigh of gratitude. Any longer and who knows what could have happened. He gives an embarrassed chuckle at his obliviousness and looks down at the fingers that are now crossed in his lap.

"My bad," he looks back up at me, his emerald eyes shining, "His name is Niall Horan."