1.

Hey thereeeeee so I wrote this story like 5 years ago lollll very young, and clearly before college level English classes... so I'm editing through it, removing some cringe, and hopefully adding new chapters. Rip. I totally forgot that this even existed. But whatever.

Jessie's POV flashback.

I had just gotten a call from my mom telling me to run to the hospital, Liam was hurt and she couldn't be there because she had work.

I had been staying at the house for a few days and I was going to be there for a few more weeks before I went back to New York.

I jumped in my car and hurried over to the hospital.

"Excuse me, but what room is Liam Dunbar in? I'm his sister." I said to the curly haired woman at the front desk.

"Oh he's right in here sweetie." She said as she directed me into a room down the hall.

I told her thank you and went to open the door, but I could hear my stepdad talking to him. I didn't hear much but I heard him say something about playing smart, and stuff like that. I could tell Liam was worried I could hear it in his voice.

Just then my stepdad walked through the door.

"Oh hey Jessie." He said.

"Hi, mom told me to come because she was busy at work. What happened?"

"He was trying to show off and got too cocky going up against 2 juniors, he hurt his leg really bad, I think it might be broken. I am waiting on the results from the x-Ray."

"Well mom isn't going to be too happy about this is she?"

"Nope." He said.

I laughed and patted his back before walking into Liam's room.

"How's it goin?" I asked as I sat down on the chair beside his bed.

"Well I'm pretty sure my leg is broken, and now I'm not going to be able to play lacrosse." He said while looking down.

"Liam it's fine. It's not the end of the world, at least you still have your good looks." I said as I messed up his hair, he laughed a little bit.

He was about to say something, but there was a noise coming from the hallway. It was almost like a roar.

"Liam stay here, I'm going to go see what that was." I told him as I made my way towards the door.

"Hey is anybody there?" I yelled down the hallway. And at the end I could see a boy, he started running towards me and the closer he got the more I could see, he had blood all over his shirt, and he had these teeth, there were so many of them, and they were so sharp. And his eyes, they were white and cloudy. I quickly jumped back into the room, closed the door, and locked it.

"Jess! What's going on?!?" Liam yelled.

Just then the door was ripped open and the boy grabbed me and threw me against the wall knocking me out.

I was only out for a few seconds, but when I woke up Liam was gone and there was a trail of blood leading to the stairs. I could hear Liam screaming. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and opened the door to the roof. I could see that boy holding Liam by his neck.

"Liam!" I yelled as I began to run towards him, but I was pushed back by another boy. I could only see his back, but he had brown hair, and when he turned around he had red eyes, claws, and fangs.

I fell back in astonishment, what the hell is going on in this town?

The boys pushed Liam off of the edge and I screamed his name, tears pouring from my eyes. The two older boys were fighting while one of them was trying to grab Liam's hand.