Chapter 3: #GoodSamaritan

ERA

"What're you doing here?!" I heard him yelled angrily kaya binuksan ko nalang ang mga mata ko at napatingin sa kaniya sa taas.

"M-Mr. Obienza..." I was going to justify myself when I heard that stuttering voice calling his name.

Napatingala ako upang makita ang mukha ni Mr. Obienza nang maayos at nakita s'yang nakatingin sa direksyon sa pintuan ng office n'ya. Fudge. He's not talking about me. Para akong binunutan ng tinik sa dibdib.

"Chyna, please go back to your class." He said calmly like he was not furious earlier.

Nakarinig ako ng pares ng mga takong na naglalakad papalapit sa desk na tinataguan ko. This is one classy girl, I tell. "S-si dad... H-he's going to-"

"I know, I know. We'll sort things out as businessmen. You don't need to worry anything." Mr. Obienza said without letting the girl's sentence finish.

"But he's—"

A knock on the door cut her sentence for the second time. "Is this Mr. Mark Daniel Obienza's office?"

Mr. Obienza cleared his throat, "I am Mark Daniel Obienza." He answered.

Couples of heavy footsteps followed after Mr. Obienza introduced himself; marching inside his office. Now, now, what the hell is going on? I'm sandwiched in this situation!

I saw two pairs of shoes beside where he's standing kaya napatingin ulit ako sa taas. I was astonished when I saw two police officers holding both of his arms so that he can't move an inch.

"W-what is this all about?" The girl that he spoke earlier asked with a tone of confusion.

What. The. Flute. I swear to God if something happened, I'm not part of the crime! There's no way isa akong alalay sa isang kremin, I'll be the surely the mastermind and I won't complain if I get caught guilty.

"Mr. Obienza, we were the Division of School and Studies Department. Please come with us and cooperate for an investigation regarding to a case of school bribery in this university. Here's a warrant," The guy paused and slammed the desk above me, must be giving the warrant. "Let us search your office to gather something valuable regarding to this scandal." Then they start to drag Mr. Obienza outside without even letting him speak. OMG, did I just heard that right?

"This is absurd!" The girl yelled.

"Chyna, go to your class now." Mr. Obienza said to the girl.

"Pero—"

"Go to your class!" He yelled in frustration that made my heart skipped a beat in astonishment. Mr. Obienza was surprisingly intimidating. "Get your hands off me! I can escort myself." He said and went outside with those two officers. May ibang naiwang mga pulis na hinalughog ang office n'ya at may dinalang mga folders at mga dokumento bago lumabas sa office. Luckily for me, they didn't notice a single piece of my existence underneath his office desk. It'll be a total crap if they caught me hiding here.

When I heard the door shut and their footsteps faded, agad akong napahinga nang maluwag. Geez! That was freaking intense!

Napasinghap ako. I can't believe I just heard a very controversial, very confidential news! I mean, this is very big. If Mr. Obienza pleaded guilty after the investigation, there's a very, very high possibility that his shareholders and business clients will lose trust towards him. This only means, my father will withdraw everything he invested, he'll get me out of here! On the top of that, our school will dethrone Montero Heights University. YES! YES! AT LAST! Lady luck sided me!

I giggled in excitement as I slowly come out under the desk. I smiled victoriously as I turned the doorknob and went outside. Pinunit ko ang sulat ng maliliit na piraso na sinangla ko ang kaluluwa ko kanina at pinaulan iyon sa ibaba.