2 - Pizza Delivery

It's been two days since the graduation ceremony and I still need to prove to Lana that what I said about being absolutely fine is true. I've skipped those two days of school, resorting to bawling my eyes out while I watch chick flicks on Netflix. It's now Saturday so I don't have to worry about missing school. I'm sure I'll recover by Monday. Alex is such a son of a bitch! One part of me wants to walk up to him and punch him in the face but the other part keeps insisting that I let him explain. But I gave him the chance to explain and instead he insulted me. I'd be crazy to let him back in after something like that!

"Kath! Get your ass down here right now!" Max, my older brother calls from downstairs.

I sigh, before walking down to be greeted by the sight of Rusty, our white and brown splotched beagle, and Max's chewed up basketball shoes. Rusty's looking at me with his adorable 'please don't hate me' eyes and Max is glaring at me from next to him. Rusty is my responsibility since I'm the one who begged my parents to get him. I probably should have been watching him but hey, I'm a busy person!

"What am I going to do with you, Rusty," I say in a teasing voice.

I walk over to Max's shoes, pick them up, walk over to the kitchen and toss them into the bin.

"There! All better!" I announce.

"What! You just threw out my shoes!" Max screeches, being completely over dramatic.

"They were ruined anyway. Nothing would save them," I state in a 'matter of fact' voice. I seem to be using my 'matter of fact' voice a lot lately.

Max just glares at me, kicks the trash can, and then storms out of the room. I smile in victory and go cuddle Rusty. All I need to make me smile is my family, Rusty and Lana. I don't need a stupid boyfriend to help me. But it felt so nice and you were so happy, my brain tells me. I shut it out and focus completely on playing with Rusty. I should give Lana a visit. Reassure her that I'm perfectly fine. Plus, we haven't had much friend time since the boys came into our lives. I let go of my adorable beagle but not before giving him a big smooch on the head.

I run up to my room, grabbing my phone from its spot on the kitchen counter. I text Lana saying I'll be over there in a few and to be prepared for a girls only day/night. She texts me back with a smiley face emoji and I take it that she's fine with it. I grab my baggy hoodie from my chair and slide it on. I'm not going to bother to change since I'm wearing a pair of everyday jeans that I wear after school and a clean top and it's not like I'm going to a party, just over to Lana's place. I sprint down the stairs but before I can get to the corridor, my sister, Demi grabs my arm.

"First of all," she says, "Why are you wearing a hoodie if it's like 30 degrees Celsius outside and secondly, where are you going dressed like that,"

To which I respond with my tone of voice "Firstly, the weather person said it's going to be 20 degrees Celsius today which I find quite chilly and second of all, chillax! I'm just going over to Lana's place for a girls night!"

"Dressed like that?!" She queries again.

"Yep, dressed like this!" I state again.

Being the over dramatic, clothes fanatic she is, she huffs before giving me a disapproving look but she hugs me none the less.

"Good, you needed a break from all that drama!" She states. "I'm glad to see the old you again," she say, this time with a smile, before hugging me again, and demanding that I have fun.

"I will!" I assure her with a small smile, before opening the door and leaving. My sister may be a serious girly girl but she's got her perks.

As usual, the weather reporter was incorrect and it's probably around 17 degrees Celsius. How is it even spring? I question myself as I slide into my kind of golden Toyota Echo, turning the heat on.

****
"That was the best movie ever!" I say after having forced Lana into renting and watch The Exorcist with me. Lana glares at me from a couch where she's got her headphones plugged into her phone. She can only stand scary movies to a certain extent so within the first half an hour of the movie, she had her headphones plugged into her iPod and was blaring a bunch of Taylor Swift songs.

In year 8, we both made a deal that we have to watch the movie our friend wants us to watch with them but in year 9 we found a loophole in our own pact. From then on, whenever Lana puts in a really crappy chick flick, claiming that
it's the best chick flick when it's really just a sob story, I grab my headphones and plug them into my iPhone and play one of my playlists. Lana chooses to do the same when ever I put on some freaky horror movie so we both consider it fair play.

Scowling, Lana pulls out her earphones and announces she's going to order lunch. She gives me one final glare before grabbing the phone to make our order. She rings up Pizza Hut and orders our usual; 1 normal crust Meatlovers with a side dish of chicken bites.

"So Lana, how are things with Jackson?" I query once she's put the phone down.

"We're doing great, actually! Jackson said he'd talk to Alex about what happened but he said that Alex has kind of isolated himself from everyone," she informs me with a sympathetic look.

I just give her a warm smile, and tell her it's fine. After all, the jerk will say something when he's ready. No matter how hard I've been trying to forget him, a little part of me keeps saying he was going to apologise before the phone call with whoever it was that pissed him off but the other part of me says a phone call isn't an excuse to not apologise.

I notice the whole time I've been thinking, Lana has been observing me with a curious, yet knowing look, but before I can comment on it, the doorbell chimes through the house.

"I'll get it!" Lana and I both say in unison, rushing at the door at the same time.

We run so fast that we both end up crashing into the door together. Through the door, we can hear the chuckle of what sounds like a young guy. We both freeze in our spots before I somehow muster up the courage to pull open the door. I'm opening the door so slowly that Lana decides to yank it from my grasp and make it her job to open the door.

I look down and the first thing I see are a pair of bright green, hightop cons. I look further up and the next thing I see are a pair of legs that are clad with bluish Levi jeans. As I push myself to scan up further, I see a yellow, Nike shirt that pulls across the guy's torso and seems like a snug fit. As I scan further up, I take a moment to admire the guys'll biceps before I internally scold myself for doing such a thing. I feel a war blush creep up onto my cheeks and mentally fight my brain to get the blush to go away.

After a while of staring at his chest, even after I just mentally scolded myself, I realise Lana is silent, next to me. I look up and what I see completely freezes me to the spot, leaving me staring at the person in front of me in utter shock and bewilderment.

___________________________________________________________________________
Cliffhanger! Kinda. Hope you guys liked it. Sorry it took so long to update but as you have probably noticed, I'm really slack with my updates. I actually had 4/5 of this chapter sitting ready but I just didn't know how to end it. You all must be thinking "FINALLY!"

Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment,
V and C