3 - Hotter Than A Greek God

Before me, stood the most mouthwatering sight. He had coal black hair which contrasted with his piercing green eyes. He smirked as I realised I'd been staring for too long and I felt a warm blush travel up to my face. I quickly bent my head slightly so that my shoulder length, caramel brown, hair covered my blush.  Lana, coming to her senses before me, tentatively grabbed the pizza box from his hands, casting her eyes down and nudging me to do the rest before rushing away. I heard a small squeal before I realised she'd deserted me so I was left alone with the Greek God. I looked up to find him staring at me cockily, standing there, waiting.

Finally, he spoke with another slight smirk "You don't talk much do you?"

I was too mesmerised with his smirk to notice. Is that all he does?

"Hello!" He said, a hint of amusement hidden in his voice.

I blinked rapidly, blushing again as I responded "Uh.....ho-ow much would that be?"

"$15 dollars," he responded, giving me a cocky look.

What is with this guy? I wandered. All he's capable of doing is looking cocky, smirking and being hotter than a wildfire. God, this guy is as sexy as hell! In my head, I scold myself for thinking such thoughts when I hear loud laughter rise up from the guy. I whip my thoughts back to reality and stare at the sexy God in front of me in utter shock and confusion.

"D-did you just call me sexy and capable of being h-hotter than a-a wild....." He takes a deep breath, still sputtering from laughter, giving me enough time to realise I had said that aloud. "A wildf-fire!" He finishes.

All I can do is stare at the guy whilst mentally slapping myself in the face a million times. You know how in books the protagonists always say they wish a hole would open up in the ground and swallow them whole? Well, that's exactly how I feel. I am beyond embarrassed. Before I can sink any deeper into my torturous thoughts, the guy starts speaking.

"By the way, I'm Oliver,. He says with a wink. "You know, just so you don't have to call me 'this guy'," he says mockingly. "And may I ask who you are?" He queries.

Now, what I want to say is "You already asked so I don't think it would make a difference. Anyway, why would I tell you, a stranger I met barely 5 minutes ago, my name?!" But instead, what comes out of my mouth is "Katharine,"

Before anything else can happen, Lana comes back.

"I'm sure my friend would love to chat with you but I have to discuss some very important things with her and I'm sure you have a job you should be doing," she informs him, swiftly closing the door in his confused face.

"Lana, thank you so much for saving me!" I exclaim as we head over to the family room, grabbing our pizza on the way.

"No problem, that's what friends are for. I'm just curious, how come you were so nervous around the guy? I mean, it's just that your never really nervous.....even around hot guys," She stated. I could already see the cogs in her head turning, as her cupid self got to work.

"The guy was extra hot plus, he reminded me of some things I would like to forget" I reply with a slight frown.

As I sit down on the seat at the kitchen counter, I can't help but let my mind wander to the pizza delivery guy. Looking at the guy, I couldn't help but remember Alex. When Alex and I first met, his behaviour was the same as Oliver's. I wince at the memory. Alex and I were the cute, Badboy/ Nerd couple who everyone thought would become high school sweethearts. It was your cliche story. I got the Badboy to open up to me and change his player ways but unfortunately, all good things come to an end. We didn't even last half a year! I mean, our four month anniversary was arriving in a week and he chose this moment to cheat on me. I swear, I could kill the girl he cheated on me with. Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme but seriously! And I hate to admit it but my heart still has a very large space for him. Or at least, that's what I think the feeling is.