Chapter 3: Oh, the Irony

I wake to a knock at my door. I turn over, and stretch out my arms. Another knock. I sigh deeply, and manage to groan out a word.

"What?" My dad walks in the room, with a tray in his arms.

"Hey, I cooked you some breakfast, I figured I would go ahead and bring it to you."

"Thanks dad, you can place in on my nightstand." He walks further into my room, and gently places the tray on the nightstand. He gives me hug, kisses my head, and walks out of my room, gently closing the door behind him. I flop back down on my bed, letting out a loud groan. I look at my clock, and notice it is almost 6. School starts at 7:05, and I drive, so I have time.

I glance over at the tray my dad left on the nightstand, eyeing it hungrily. It has a plate of two small pancakes, a small bowl of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and pineapples, then a small plate with a few pieces of bacon. Lastly, there a glass of orange juice on the side. He even set a napkin on the tray. This is how awesome my dad is.

I chow down on my breakfast, while checking my phone. I'm not obsessed with my phone, but I check it in the morning, and at night before I go to bed. Maybe a few times during the day. I run my hand through my bed head, and finish my breakfast. My dad has always cooked me breakfast. However since he took on his second job, it hasn't happened much recently. He decided to finish law school to become an environmental lawyer, you know he makes sure companies aren't manipulating the rules, dumping their waste where it shouldn't be.

I drag myself out of bed, stretching my arms and legs on the way. I make my bed real quick, and pick up my tray, taking it down stairs into the kitchen. I place the two plates and bowl in the sink, with the silverware I used. I set the tray on the counter, and jog back upstairs to get dressed.

I throw open my closet, searching for something to wear. I run my fingers up and down my leggings stack. I will definitely wear leggings. Seriously, leggings are my obsession. I mean, I still wear jeans and dresses, but leggings are my favorite. Actually, maybe I will wear jeans for today.

I grab a pair of light wash jeans, and an oversized mint green sweater
I slip on my jeans, my sweater, and an owl necklace. I pull on a pair of socks, my light brown booties, then go into the bathroom. Since I took a shower last night, I don't get one. You see, getting showers at night make every easier in the morning.

I pull my hair back, then wash my face, and brush my teeth. Washing my face makes it less greasy, and feel clean. For some reason, a lot of people brush their teeth before eating, which doesn't make much sense. I mean, I can understand a little, since it gets rid of morning breath, but I just wait until after breakfast.

I take my 1 inch curling iron from under the sink, and split my hair up into two sections; top and bottom. I curl each section from the bottom, then curl each section from the top. I spray hairspray over my hair, then put my hair stuff away, and put on a little more makeup than yesterday.

Grabbing my bag, and small brown purse with my keys and phone, and turning off my light, I bound down the stairs, shutting my door behind me. I glance at all of the family pictures in the living room before heading out the door. I stumble across a picture of my mom, and try to control my anger. Seeing a picture of my mom angers me. Where is my mom you ask?

I have no idea. Why?

She left when I was two. What an amazing mother. I really hope you heard my sarcasm. Why did my mom leave? I would really love to know. Sadly, I do not. I have never seen her, and I'm not sure I would want to anyway. 

I just wish I had a mom. It would be great to talk about girl stuff with her. But unfortunately, she isn't in my life. I can't really say I hate her. I never knew her, I just know she wasn't there for me.