Five

"Rich kid, asshole, paint me as a villain"

Allison

"Don't bother bringing your car tomorrow morning, I'll pick you up, seven sharp." Justin says as he walks me out.  The rest of our work day was surprisingly nice, Justin had shrugged off the incident with Logan, although I couldn't help but be curious about it. Why wasn't Logan scared of Justin like everyone else was?  Justin basically threatened to kill Logan, and he simply ignored the statement.

"Seven?" I gasp, "Are you serious?" Mornings were definitely not something I was fond of.

"We have a meeting tomorrow morning, it starts at eight." He leans against the hood of my car.

"In all honestly, do I really have to go.  I do nothing,"  I shrug and he snorts.

"Lesson number seven," I wonder how he's going to be able to keep track of the numbers. "Never pass up on an opportunity to gain information."

I groan.  I hated learning.

"Don't worry, princess, I'm just messing with you." He steps forward and runs his hand through my hair. I lean into his touch.  "I'll pick you up after the meeting, be ready by ten."

He goes to stand but I don't want him to leave.

"What am I going to do tomorrow?  I've shredded literally everything and your filing cabinet is the neatest thing I've ever seen." I start so I can stall him.  I don't know why, but I don't want to leave his presence.

"I don't know, darling.  I'll figure something out tomorrow," he chuckles.

I try to think of something else to say.  "Um-"

"I would love to stay and chat, baby girl, but I really have to go. I have company coming over tonight.  I'll talk to you later." He steps forwards and grabs my chin in his large hand. He presses a soft kiss to my forehead before jogging slowly over to his car.

I sigh and get into my own car, sliding into the leather seats.

My drive home was depressing and I couldn't understand why Justin had this much of an effect on me.  I've had boyfriends, but none were overly serious and none made me feel the way Justin had.

But, the problem was Justin isn't my boyfriend, and probably never will be.

He's twenty-five, for starters, why would he want anything to do with an eighteen year old?  He's extremely successful, and like Lacey said, he could get any woman he wanted.  He treated me more as an intern than a love interest.  He said a few provocative things, but doesn't every boy?

Maybe Zach and Sophie's plan was stupid.  Maybe, I should just give him a cold shoulder on the personal side, and just do the jobs he assigns me.  It seemed appropriate, considering Justin wasn't really into having any talks about himself.  He knew much about me, yet I was still in the dark about his personal life.

At dinner, my dad brings up the fact that he has to leave early in the morning.

"So don't get mad at me if I make too much noise!" He defends himself and my mom rolls her green eyes.

"No one cares, Darrell." She says and I agree with her.

"Allison, are you leaving early?" My dad asks and I frown.

"No, why?"  Stay out of my business.

"Just wondering," he shrugs.

"Oh yeah, I don't have to take my car because a friend is coming to pick me up." I tell them and my mom nods. My dad stays on edge and I give him a funny look.