1

"Hey, Ranger Rick," Maya exclaimed. Lucas looked up from a book he was reading and smiled. It was his best friend, Maya Hart. They had known each other since they were a year old.

"Hey. So, anything new?" Lucas asked.

"Well, nothing has happened from the last time we talked, which was 2 minuets ago," maya said playfully.

Lucas chuckled. "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the park?"

"Sure, Cowboy. It's not like I have anything better to do at home," Maya told him. Lucas pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, it's going to be ok. Everyone fights."

Maya pulled away from the hug. He looked at her and she smiled. "Everyone except us. And thanks, Lucas."

"Alright. Lets get going."

--at the park--

Maya and Lucas strolled through the park. It was just them today. Just two best friends walking together in the park.

"Can we sit on that bench?" Maya asked.

"Of course," Lucas smiled. As they sat down, Lucas's phone chimed. He looked down at the text and smiled. He texted back and chuckled.

"Who's that?" Maya asked.

"Oh, uh, that's Riley. I met her at Starbucks a couple weeks ago. She's pretty funny."

"Oh, so you guys are friends?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, but I feel like we have a connection. So maybe we'll be more than that soon," Lucas said with a smile.

Maya was supposed to smile. She knew she was. She even tried. But it didn't work. She couldn't smile. She felt her heart become extremely heavy. Why? Maya didn't understand. She should be happy. Her best friend is going to get a girlfriend. But she wasn't happy. Why?

-- the next day --

Lucas looked at his phone. It was Riley. He really liked Riley. He was going to ask her to be his girlfriend. He hovered over the send button on his iPhone 6. Did he really want her to be his girlfriend? Maybe?

He sighed and before he could have any second thoughts, he pressed send. Then the bubble that tells you if someone's texting showed up. When Lucas looked up from the screen, he thought of Maya.

Wait. Why was he thinking of Maya? Shouldn't he be thinking about Riley? For all he knew Riley could be his girlfriend. But maya was in his head whenever he thought about the word girlfriend.

Lucas heard a beep. He knew what it meant. Riley had answered him. He looked at the screen. It said ...

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys! So, chapter one of More Than Friends. This will end as a Laya story so don't worry. I hope you like it so far! Comment if you guys want Filey, or if you want Charlie and Riley or if you guys want me to make up someone for her.

QOTD: what's your favorite color?

AOTD: turquoise

Remember, this is a hobby. I can't update 24/7 but I will update anytime I can.
When you guys vote it really encourages us authors to continue the story. When we don't get votes, we start to feel like are stories aren't good at all. Sometimes a result if this is that the author gives up on writing. So please vote, not just for my stories, but for others stories too. Thanks!

Please vote, comment, and read!