Part 2: Accidents Happen

Wednesday, October 28th, 1992: "I always hate it when you have to leave. I wish you could just quit your job and stay home with me forever." Brooke pleaded. Her fiance Ben gave her a kiss as he put on his jacket.

"I wish I could too, my love, but I have to work for a living if you expect to live in this nice house." He picked up his briefcase and hurried to the door before he was late for work. "One more kiss." she whined.

He leaned down and gave her another kiss. "Now I really have to go. I'll see you tonight at 8." "Alright. Have fun." she said halfheartedly.

She shut the door after him and sighed preparing herself for eight long hours without him. She began to reconsider getting a job of her own. Being a housewife just doesn't seem as fun as she thought it would.

If she had to stay here all day waiting for him to come home for the rest of her life she would go insane. She was a woman for crying out loud not a dog.

She went into the kitchen to finish washing the rest of the dishes. She hated doing chores and being lonely. This wasn't, at all, the life she wanted to live.

The front door opened and her fiance came back in. "Did you decide not to go to work?" she cried excitedly as she went back to the foyer to greet him.

When she saw who it was she stopped in her tracks and stared in horror. "You know you should really try locking your door. You make it too easy for me." Axl said as he walked towards her. "I thought they sent you away?" "I've only been away for three years and you couldn't even wait for me. I leave you for a little while and you cheat on me with that sack of shit?"

"You shouldn't be here. You should be in jail. You had way more time than this." Brooke said as she backed away from him. "Fortunately our legal system isn't perfect and I'm out on parole."

She realized she had backed up as far as she could when her butt hit the table. She tried to go sideways and move away from him but he caught her by the throat. She let out a surprised yelp and tried to pry his hand away.

"I love you, Brooke. What do I have to do to prove that to you? I waited so long to be with you and you cheated on me! I would do anything for you and you cheated on me!"

He put his free hand on the other side of her throat and continued to scream and wail and demand answers to why she left him.

But pretty soon she stopped making noise altogether. Axl was crying leaning over her body when she realized she had stopped struggling. When he opened his eyes and looked at her he saw her staring right back at him...not blinking.

When he looked down at his hands around her throat, he realized he had been choking her. He didn't mean to. He had no intention of hurting her only finding out why she did this to him. And now he'll never know.

"Oh no. Oh no. This can't be right. This can't be happening. Brooke, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Please get up. I didn't mean to do that." Axl cried.

He pushed down on her chest a few times and gave her mouth to mouth but it wasn't working. She just kept staring up at him with that glazed over look in her eyes.

Frantic, he jumped up and grabbed her body. He carried her outside in broad daylight and put her in his backseat. Maybe if anyone sees they'll think she's sleeping. He quickly got in his car and drove away.

He drove around aimlessly for a little while trying to figure out where to go. He had the dead body of the woman he loved in his backseat and he didn't know what to do about it.

Axl decided to go to Tommy's house. He's been in the business for a long, long time and he'll know exactly what to do.

It took him twenty minutes to get to Burbank and it's a miracle he didn't get pulled over for speeding. He left Brooke in the car and went up to ring the doorbell.

It was taking Tommy longer than Axl wanted so he started banging on the door and yelling for him to open up. Tommy finally answered the door holding a large piece of pizza in his hands. "What the hell's the matter with you? I'm trying to eat." 

"I need your help. I did something bad." Tommy's face fell. "What the hell did you do this time?" "Open up the garage and I'll show you." 

Tommy went back inside and opened the garage for Axl to drive in and park his car. When he looked into the backseat and saw Brooke lying there staring out into space, he gave Axl a look that said, "Really?"

"I don't know what to do, man." Axl said frantically, shaking and rubbing his hands together nervously. "If you wanted to kill her there were plenty of ways of doing it beside this. And especially not to drive around with her in plain view in daylight."

"I wasn't trying to kill her! It was an accident!" Axl yelled. "Then I'd suggest therapy." Tommy said. Axl grabbed Tommy by the collar of his shirt and started to shake him, making him drop his pizza on the ground.

"Look, you motherfucking piece of shit! I just killed the girl I love and all you're doing is mocking me! How about getting your lard ass moving and helping me figure out what to do with this?!"

"Fine, I'll help you! But only because you're a friend. But you do owe me a piece of pizza." Tommy joked. Axl narrowed his eyes. "Make one more fucking joke and you're next."

The two of them headed into the house to sit down and discuss what happened. "I don't mind you leaving the body here for a little while until you can figure out what to do with it but what are you going to do about the guy?" Tommy asked.

Axl frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Her fiance. He's going to come home eventually and figure out she's not there and call the police." Axl sighed and covered his face. "Shit! I forgot about him!"

"Don't worry we'll take care of him. It'll buy you some time before the police get involved." "And what do I do when the police get involved?" Axl asked. "Do what every sensible criminal does. Blame it on someone else."