Part 6: Smooth Talker

Tuesday, November 3rd, 1992: The smell of pancakes, eggs, and bacon filled Elsa's nose the next morning. She lifted her head up and sniffed again, wishing that delicious smell was coming from her kitchen.

But when she sat up and sniffed again, she realized that it just might be.

She got out of bed and went into the kitchen, following the aroma like a hound. She saw Axl standing in front of her stove flipping pancakes and wearing her floral apron.

She screamed and made him drop the pancake on the floor. "Aw, no, now I have to throw this one out. You know you really shouldn't scare the chef like that." he said jokingly.

"How did you get in here?!" she cried. "Oh wait, before I forget!" he exclaimed, ignoring her question. He went into the living room and grabbed a big box from the couch. He handed it to her. "I felt bad for ruining your night with news that your boyfriend is no good so I got you a little something."

Elsa stared at him suspiciously, not sure if she should accept this gift or not. She opened it up and gasped when she saw the beautiful expensive dress that was inside. He purposely left the tag on it and she was shocked to see that it was well over three thousand dollars.

"Why would you do this for me?" she asked. "I like you. And I wanted to show you by making you breakfast and buying you this dress. Which, by the way, I'd like for you to wear out with me tonight." he said with a smile.

He looked so cute and harmless in that apron with that big smile on his face. She always did have a crush on him. But since she couldn't have him she had settled for Slash. Even though she turned out happy with Slash, maybe she should listen to Axl and not trust him anymore.

"Will you go out with tonight?" he asked her. A smile spread across her face. "Sure."

They had breakfast together, went shopping in Beverly Hills, and went to the club that night. When they returned to her apartment after a long day, she let him stay this time. "I think a night cap is just what we need." Elsa said.

"I'll go hop in the shower then." "I'll join you in a minute." he leaned in and they shared their first kiss. They were interrupted by the telephone ringing so they decided to meet each other in five.

He went into the bathroom and she answered the phone.

"Elsa, where have you been all day? I've been trying to reach you." Elsa's face fell when she heard Slash on the other end. "I've been out." "Are you okay? It feels like you're avoiding me or something." he said. 

"Let me ask you a question." she said. He paused for a moment. "Alright, go for it." "Did you steal Axl's ex-girlfriend?" "What?! Where did you get that from?!" "Answer the question." "That's a load of bull shit. I would never do something like that to a friend."

"So you didn't do it?" "No I didn't do it!" he yelled. "Have you been calling her and trying to get back together with her?" "Elsa, this is ridiculous. You know I didn't do that."

Somehow she didn't believe him. She believed Axl. "I gotta go." she said. "Come on, now. You can't be serious. I would never do something like that, Elsa. You have to believe me."

"I'll talk to you later." she said and hung up. When she turned around, Axl was standing in the doorway with a towel around his waist. "Who was that?" "That was Slash. I asked him about how he stole your girlfriend and he denied it."

"Do you believe him?" Axl asked seriously. "No." she replied.

A smile spread across his lips. He gestured with his finger for her to come closer. She walked into his arms and they shared a kiss that made her forget she even had a boyfriend. "Come with me." he said softly and led her to the bathroom.