Chapter 2

Mikasa stood up. 'Annie has been captured by Levi. We have to get her back. We can free her if we come with something that can make Levi smile. Speak if you have a suggestion.'

Eren tried to hold in his laughter. 'Maybe we should get the old hag a girlfriend.' He said and started laughing. The rest started laughing too. Only Mikasa remained calm. 'It's hard, but not impossible.' 'Uhm Mikasa I was joking.' Eren said and chuckled. 'I mean, who would want to date him?'

Armin thought. 'Well, If it's the only way it's worth trying right?' Mikasa nodded, ignoring Eren. 'Search for a girl of his age and bring her to the ship. If it doesn't work out let us know okay?' Everyone went off, knowing it was nearly impossible to find someone of his age in Neverland. What was his age actually? Christa waved to him before leaving. 'Also let us know if you got Annie back okay?' Christa liked Annie and she always asked for her when Armin came alone. 'Thanks and I will.' Armin said with a smile and stood up. 'I guess I'm gonna search' He said and flew up. He started searching everywhere, but where did you find a girl that old? Wouldn't she be a grandma at that age?

Days passed. The Indians helped searching for a girl, with no success. It seemed impossible. And it was quite stupid, searching for someone to give to the captain. It wasn't even sure if it would help! But they had to try. Armin was searching by the shore. Girls liked the beach, right? He thought.

But there he saw something weird. When he came closer, he noticed it was a mermaid, but unlike all the other ones he'd seen before. She had short hair instead of the long flowing hair mermaids usually had. Her tail was damaged and her back was scarred. Her eyes were barely open, but she was breathing slightly. Nobody else was around. Why was she alone? Mermaids always were in groups right?

Armin picked her up and placed her partially in the water. 'Hey. Are you okay?' He asked. She opened her eyes a little further. 'Yes. Thank you.' She said with a soft voice. It sounded friendly. 'What happened?' Armin asked. 'The other mermaids tried to dry me out by dragging me on the beach. Because I refuse to drown humans.' She mumbled. 'That's cruel of them.' Armin said shocked. The mermaid nodded. 'I don't want to drown them. But as a mermaid, that is unthinkable, so they cut my hair and left me here to die. I've been living on my own for a long time, looking at the pirate ship that sails by often. Out of nowhere they attacked me today.'

Armin's eyes widened. 'You look at the pirate ship? Have you seen a certain captain? His name is Levi and he's evil and.' He looked at the girl a little awkward. She smiled and nodded. 'He seems so lonely and sad. I'd like to help him. But it's kind of impossible like this. Oh, I'm Petra by the way.' Armin smiled bright. 'I'm Armin. If that's the case would you mind helping me out? We're searching for a girlfriend since he kidnapped my friend Annie. We're trying to make him smile. Maybe you could do that?' He asked hopefully. Right, he was asking someone he barely knew to help him. Surprisingly, she nodded. 'If that means I can wipe that grumpy look of his face I'd love to. I don't think he's only a bad person.'

And so it happened. Armin picked her up and flew away to find the ship. He was almost out of fairy dust, so he really hoped it would work. On their way, he dragged Petra partially trough the water so she could recover. She still looked strange though. Mermaids were known for their long silky hair and beautiful bodies, her hair was short and her skin was scarred and damaged because of the sun. Besides that she was still beautiful, it made her special, but would Captain Levi think the same? 'Armin is back!' Someone yelled. It was Oluo who had spotted them first. Erwin hurried to look. 'Call the captain! Armin is back! He's dragging something!'

Everyone started running and it was chaos within a few seconds. Armin flew up, which was difficult with Petra in his arms, and put her next to him. He looked down. 'Hey Levi!' He yelled. A few second later Marco and Levi showed up. As soon as Levi saw him he started laughing. 'You bastard, what is that awful thing?' Petra pouted. 'I'm not a thing, I am a person.' She said. 'This is Petra, she's a mermaid who refuses to drown people. She's nice! You should get to meet her!' Armin said. 'Yeah right. Don't think I want a human-fish on my ship!' 'You're so judging.' Armin said and took Petra down a little further so Levi could see her better. She looked at him with her big shining eyes. He wasn't completely a bad person. If he'd have to show it this would be the right time to do so.

Levi glared at both of them. 'Fine, Oluo! Get her inside. You better know what you're doing, annoying brat. Your little fairy girl is almost out of dust.' Armin clenched his teeth. 'I'll get her back no matter what.' He hissed. He looked back at Petra and smiled a sad smile. 'You sure it'll be okay?' But she nodded, and thus he flew off.

Two girls were on the beach, when Armin came closer he recognized Ymir and Christa. They probably came there just a bit later than he did when he found Petra.

He flew towards them. 'Hey!' Christa smiled bright. 'Hey, Armin!' Ymir nodded. She wasn't the type to talk much. Armin landed. For the rest of the time he would probably have to walk. 'I brought Petra to Levi. Hopefully it will work out. He wasn't really impressed in the beginning.' 'Who is Petra?' Ymir asked. 'She's a mermaid I found. But she's different. She got attacked by the other mermaids because she refuses to drown humans. Her hair was cut to her shoulder, scars covered her body and her tail was almost dried, but she still wanted to go. She had actually been watching him! I think it might work out for her part. I'm not sure about Levi though.' The girls nodded. 'But that means that we can stop searching.' Christa said happily. 'We have to tell the others! They have been searching everywhere.' Armin nodded. 'I hope Annie will survive so long.'

Ymir frowned. 'That's right. She needs dust to survive right?' She looked at him. 'You can barely fly, and she'll be too weak to fly to the fairy tree. How do we get dust?!' Armin bit his lip. 'I guess we need to get another fairy to go get it for us.' 'Fairies don't like humans.' Christa said. 'Maybe we can ask Mikasa? A few fairies saved her when she was lost in the forest. I'm sure they won't send her away.' 'I hope so. It's our only chance.' Armin said. 'Let's hurry back then.' Christa suggested and started walking. Armin nodded and walked with her. This was going to get difficult.