Chapter 3

After a while they arrived at the camp from the Indians. The girls looked around if they could find Mikasa. But it seemed empty. Armin looked around worried.

'Mikasa?' Jean came out of his tent. 'She's out with Eren, searching like everyone else.' Armin nodded. 'Everyone can stop searching. I brought someone to him already. Hopefully it will work out.' Jean smiled. 'Great!' He got some sort of instrument out of his tent and put it on his mouth. A low, but loud sound came out of it. Slowly the Indians came back to the camp. That was quite smart of them!

Mikasa was one of the first people to arrive. When she saw Armin she hurried to him. 'We heard the signal. Have you found someone?' Armin nodded. 'A mermaid who refuses to drown people. Her name is Petra. She got attacked by other mermaids because of it and they cut her hair and let her dry. She was on the verge of death, but she was nice and pretty. She'd actually been watching Levi and wanted to meet him! So hopefully it will work.' Mikasa nodded. 'I'm glad.' 'Yes but, Annie. Levi said she didn't have much fairy dust left.' 'So she'll die if she doesn't get any soon.' The girl answered. 'And now you want me to go to the fairies to get it?' 'It's our only chance.' Armin said softly.

He was worried for his friend. 'I understand. But it will take a while to come there. It will at least take two days.' She said and took him to her tent, which was slightly bigger than the others. Armin nodded. 'I understand. I'm sorry for bothering you so much.' 'Stay with the tribe, okay? I can't leave them unprotected.' She got something made of leather. 'Fairy dust is very breakable. It can only be transported in the leather of bear.' She explained. Armin nodded. 'Thank you so much Mikasa.' He said. Eren came in and stood there a little awkward. 'Uhm, Mikasa? Would it be okay if I went with you? I don't want to scare the fairies but I mean. There has to be someone to protect you and-' 'I have to go alone, I'm sorry Eren. The fairies really hate humans.' 'oh, o-kay...' He said a little disappointed. 'Uhm, please come back fine okay?' She gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. 'I will.' After that she left and disappeared between the trees. Eren blushed and smiled soft.

Meanwhile on the ship, Petra was sitting in a bath tub. It was unusual to have a woman at their ship, but... could a mermaid be considered a full-fledged woman? The men were scared of her. One guy tried to touch her tail and she hit him so hard he got unconscious. Apparently this girl wasn't made of sugar spice and everything nice like the song said. She could defend herself if necessary. Yet she was nice also. She was an admirable person.

Levi was quite surprised. Though he wasn't sure about it, he started to like her. He wasn't as mean as before. Petra wasn't the average mermaid, instead of drowning people; she saved them if anyone fell into the water. Things were changing on the ship, although Levi was a clean freak already, the other men weren't and she made them clean their rooms properly for the first time in their lives. She cooked a decent meal for them too. It was way better than the average crap they got to eat. She all did it with a smile. Though it was difficult to manage with her tail, she did it pretty well.

The captain had forgotten about the fairy in the lantern. At first he couldn't forget her because she was yelling at him. But now, she wasn't more than a little weak fairy, lying on the bottom of that damn lantern. Where was Armin? Was he trying to find something? Where did that mermaid come from? How long did she have to keep this up? Her light had almost gone out.

Two more days passed. Levi acted like he was madly in love, which was true. Petra loved him as well. Levi was so happy he was acting almost as if he was drunk. He was smiling and laughing all the time and he seemed happy. And even nice! When Armin arrived it was a big surprise to see that.

'Levi!' Levi growled. 'What do you want brat?' 'You smiled. More than once even! Keep your promise and give Annie back.' Levi sighed annoyed. 'Marco!' He yelled. 'Get that little thing here and make that brat go away.' Petra crossed her arms. 'Levi please don't insult my friends like that.' She said.

Armin was relieved. He finally got Annie back! But would it be in time?

Mikasa had looked like a disaster when she came back. She had gotten the fairy dust for him. The only thing she had said about it was that he had to be careful with it. Annie needed it; it would take her life if she didn't get it. Armin was worried. He didn't want to think about the terrible things that could happen.

Marco came back with the lantern in his hand and handed it to Armin. 'Now get out!' Levi yelled. Armin flew away as fast as he could and looked into it. 'Annie?' He asked with a trembling voice. Annie barely reacted. She blinked two times before closing her eyes again. Her golden glow had changed into grey. Only a tiny little light was on the place of her heart. Armin quickly got out the fairy dust and let it fall onto her body. Was he on time? She got covered in the dust. Her light became stronger. And slowly her skin got it's color back. But she still didn't move.

Armin flew back to the Indian camp with her. She probably needed rest, but what else could they do for her? 'Annie, please don't die.' The little fairy didn't give a response.