Chapter 9: The truth

Few hours have passed, Claira and Quentin were at the library getting some books…

“So what do you plan on reading?” Quentin asked.

“I don’t really know…” she shrugged.

“Then why are we here?” he asked with a smile.

“I don’t know; I just feel more comfortable in the library, and besides, I’ve practically read most of the books here.” She said. She ran her fingers to some books on the shelf as they kept walking.

“Well, you’re lucky you’re with a journalist.” He said.

“You? A journalist?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m going to make a nice story for you, if you want me to.”

“Then how am I going to read it?” she asked with a smirk and crossed arms.

“Well it’s a good thing mom has a braille typewriter at home.”

“You’re seriously gonna write me a story?” she asked.

“Yeah why not?” he said.

“Fine then, let’s just hope it’s a good one.”

“You ma’am, are underestimating me.” Quentin smirked.

“I’m not, c’mon do you wanna eat something? My treat.” Claira said.

“I’ll come with you, but I’m not letting you pay, MY treat.”

“I just said it was MY treat, okay?” Claira said.

“No, no, I’ll take care of this, I’M the guy so I should be the one who pays.”

“Quentin, we’re just having a snack not a date.” Claira laughed.

“R-Right…Uuuh, let’s go.” He said then they walked out of the library.

When they bought some snacks, Quentin convinced Claira that he’d pay for the expenses. After that they went back to the school campus and walked in the garden.

“So what happened to you and Ashton? Kana said you two were arguing last night.” Quentin suddenly asked.

“Oh…uuuh…It’s no big deal, we just had…a m-misunderstanding.” Claira forced a smile.

“Did you two break up?” he asked.

“Well…not officially.”

“So basically you two are still together?”

“Yeah, we’re just giving each other some space…i think.” She said with a heavy sigh.

“Aaaw, it’s gonna be alright, you two will get through this, I’ll even help you if you want.” He smiled.

“You’d do that?” she asked.

“Of course I will, I’ll do anything for you.” He said putting his hand on her shoulder.

“You’re the best friend I could ever have Quentin, thanks for being there.” She said as she hugged him tightly.

“Uuuh..y-yeah, no problem.”

After strolling around…with Quinn and Quentin in their mother’s office…

“How could you get friendzoned?!” Quinn shouted.

“Well, first of all, she and Ashton haven’t broken up yet, not officially.” Quentin explained.

“What does that even mean?”