Chapter 2: Parents

Shout-out to @JinxLuck for helping me out with the location of the restaurant! Thank you for reading my book, and maybe you can help me out in the future! *wink*

If I type something in [brackets] then that is a note to you guys, that I wrote in the story. If I have any writing or spelling errors, then please tell me. Sometimes, I think faster than I can type, so I leave out words, and other times, I have two thoughts at the same time, so the first half of the sentence is one thought, and the other half is another thought. Anyways, on with the story!!

Alex's Viewpoint

I wake up and feel someone beside me. I carefully open my eyes and see Astrid snuggled up against me. She looks so peaceful asleep. I am so glad that we are finally together. I have loved her since I was 6 and she was 4. She is such a wonderful person, and has lots of inner beauty. I lean down and kiss her fore head. "I love you, Astrid," I whisper quietly, as not to wake her. I lay there for a little bit, marveling at her beauty, when I feel her move. Her eyes slowly open and a small smile finds it place on her lips. "Good morning, Shorty," I laugh a little and smile. Shorty is the nickname that I gave her when we met. She is normal height, but I have two years of height more than her. "Good morning, Tree," she says smiling and laughing a little. She has been calling me Tree, ever since I started calling her Shorty. She says that it is because I am so tall, but I don't mind. After all, she loves trees.

Astrid's Viewpoint

We laid there talking and laughing, when all of the sudden we heard Scarlett. "Well good morning love birds. Should I leave you two alone?" She laughed and Alex and I just looked at her blushing. "We have to get up. We have church today," I say getting up. Alex leaves to go get Toby up and ready, while Scarlett and I get dressed and start cooking omelets. I'm carrying the cheese over to the counter when Scarlett catches me off guard and starts talking. "So, you and my brother, huh?" In a frenzy, I drop cheese and pick it up just to drop it again.

"W-what about us?" I ask, stuttering a bit and blushing. "You have had a crush on him since forever, an-" I cut her off. "How did you know?!?!" "I could see it in your eyes. Now, as I was saying, you have had a crush on him since forever, and he has always felt the same." "How come you never told me?" I ask her, a bit irritated. Right then, Alex walks in. "You never told me that you knew I had feelings for her! Or that she felt the same!" "I wanted you two to find out on your own, but obviously, George and Allison wanted you to find out now. I guess it was about time. Well, I better go get our Bibles." She walks off and I finish the omelets. Alex helps me get everyone something to drink, and we put it all on the table. We eat breakfast, and go to church.

When we get home, our parents/guardians are back!! Alex and I walk in, and don't even realize that we are holding hands. My parents look at us with looks of approval, and we all go to the Mexican Restaurant for lunch. I sit down with Scarlett on my right, and my mom on my left. My dad sits across from my mom, Alex across from me, and Toby across from Scarlett. Alex and Scarlett call my parents mom and dad. [it's not weird, considering either Alex and Astrid will get married, making them their mother and father in laws, or they will not get married and they will call them that because they live with them.] After ordering our food, my mom started to speak. "Your father took me out to eat last night. We went to this Chinese restaurant in Moore, Oklahoma, wonderful little town might I add. The food was amazing!" "It was a bit expensive, might I say," my dad chimed in. My mom and dad look at me and Alex. "So, finally together, huh?"

Scarlett's Viewpoint

Astrid drops her chip covered in cheese dip, while Alex chokes a little on his tea. Everyone sitting at the surrounding tables turn and look at them, who are both blushing ferociously. "That's practically what I said," I tell them. Everyone goes back to what they are doing, and in a hushed voice, Alex says, "Why did you have to bring that up here? You know that Astrid hates being the center of attention. Whatever we say will be heard by the people surrounding us, and lots of kids will end up talking about it at school." Wow, he really doesn't want to embarrass her. We get our food and everyone chats about different things.

What do you think will happen next? It would be longer, but my laptop has to do this update thing that I can't stop. I will update soon, hopefully. Until next time, readers!