Chapter 5: Last Day

Alex's Viewpoint

I wake up and quickly turn off the alarm and Astrid wakes up. "Good morning, love," I tell her, earning a smile from her. I kiss her forehead. "It's time to get up. Today is the last day of school and you have to be in your room before mom and dad get up." She kisses my cheek then gets up and quietly goes to her room. 5 minutes later, dad comes in and tells me to get up. I yawn and stretch, then get dressed [Yes, he was wearing clothes, he was just changing from his pajamas to day clothes] and head to the kitchen. "Good morning, Mom," I say and kiss mom's cheek, then take my plate of food. "Good morning, Alex. Will you go wake up the girls?" I go wake up Scarlett, then go to wake up Astrid. I walk over her to her bed and begin to tell her to get up, when she pulls me down next to her. "Whoa, wasn't expecting that!" I say, as Scarlett walks in. "You forgot me!" Scarlett says as she jumps on me, and I manage to get them off of me and fall off the bed. I quickly attempt to stand up, and am tackled to the ground as Mom walks in. "Smile!" She takes out her phone and snaps a picture. It showed me on the floor saying, "No, no, no! Please don't" with wide eyes and a pleading face. The girls are smiling, like nothing is happening. We hear our phones go off, and I look at mine to see that the photo was on Facebook, and we were all tagged in it.

When I walk into the dining room to eat, I hear dad say, "So Alex, having a nice morning? What's that on your neck?" I rush to the bathroom and look in the mirror and see a red kiss mark on my neck. "Scarlett!!" She calmly walks in the bathroom and smiles. "Yes Alex?" "What the heck?! Why?!" I gesture to the mark on my neck. Astrid walks in with some of Scarlett's make up remover and cleans it off. I return to the dining room and eat my food. When I get to school, Melissa and Simon ask me about the picture and I tell them what happened. [ By the way, Astrid does not wear any make up at all. The closest she gets is chap stick.] The school day starts and ends and we go home. We watch some Doctor Who then decide to go swimming. I am wearing some swimming trunks and a t-shirt, Scarlett is wearing a two piece that shows some skin, but not much, and Astrid is wearing some shorts that go half way down to her knees, and a swim suit top with one of my t-shirts over it. She doesn't like skin tight or low cut clothing, and her top did just that, so I gave her one of my t-shirts.

Today is my last day of summer vacation. Goodnight, dear readers.