Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two- "Fuck that, really break your leg!"

Dumbledore has convinced Harry and I not to go looking for the Mirror of Erised again and for the rest of the Christmas holidays, the Invisibility Cloak doesn't leave Harry's trunk.

I wish I could forget what I saw in the Mirror, but I can't.

I've started having nightmares.

Over and over again, I dream that I'm surronded by my friends and family and I'm trying to keep them all happy, but one by one, they leave me because I can't make them feel better.

It's quite depressing actually.

"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror can drive you mad," says Ron, when Harry (who has also been having nightmares) and I tell him about our dreams.

Hermione, Maya and El, who come back the day before term starts, take different views on things.

Hermione is torn between horror at the idea of Harry and I being out of bed, roaming the school three/two nights in a row and disappointment that we haven't at least found out who Nicholas Flamel is.

Maya and Elinor are just annoyed because we went on an "adventure" without them. Neither of them seem to care that we haven't found Flamel or about Harry or I's nightmares.

We have almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book, even though I'm sure I've read the name somewhere.

Once term starts, we are back to skimming through books for ten minutes during our breaks, because all of us (excluding Hermione) refuse to give up any more time.

Harry and I have even less time than the other four, because Quidditch practise has started again.

Wood is working the team harder than ever.

Even the endless rain that has replaced the snow can't dampen his spirits.

The Weasleys complain that Wood is becoming a fanatic.

I disagree, he's always been one.

Though, I am on his side.

If we win our next match, against Hufflepuff, we will overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years.

I want to win so bad, mainly to show Malfoy that Slytherin isn't the only house that can win.

During one particularly wet and muddy practise session Wood gives us (the team) a bit of bad news.

He has just got very angry with Fred and George, who keep dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms.

"Will you stop messing around!" he yells. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

George really does fall off his broom at these words.

"Snape's referring?" he splutters through a mouthful of mud. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."