1 ~ Break Me Like a Promise

Hi all! Just a few things about this story..

First, here are some of the characters and who I see them as...

Stella Price: Selena Gomez
Ian Price: Ryan Reynolds

Second, all chapter titles will be either song titles or lyrics and I'll tell you guys the song in each chapter.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it!

"You call me up again just to break me like a promise.. So casually cruel in the name of being honest." -Taylor Swift: All too well

Michael's P.O.V.

"Look, dude, I know its hard. But it's been a month... it'll be alright. If you two are meant to be together then you'll get back together someday." Luke patted me on the back, "but I gotta go. My mom will kill me if I'm not home soon. Call me if you need anything."

I walked Luke to the door and then went back up to my room. I thought about what he said but I knew things would never be the same ever again. We weren't meant to be together. We both knew it but she was the only one with the guts to recognize that.

But despite our differences, we were perfect for each other. Yeah, I know I just said that we weren't meant to be together.. But out relationship was complicated. Everything about her said that she was wrong for me. Hell, we were polar opposites. But I loved her so much. Her being different was what attracted me to her.

I was tired of the girls I usually dated. They were so.. So... So like me. I didn't want that. I didn't want someone who had the same character as me. I didn't want a "bad girl". I wanted her.

I wanted her with her pastel skirts and cute little high heels. I wanted her with her hair done up perfectly. I wanted her sweet smile and her perfect personality.

Everyone said we were such an odd couple. She was the sweet, popular girl and I was the intimidating outcast.

To (kinda) quote Taylor Swift..

"She wears short skirts, I wear band merch. She's cheer captain and I'm at home bc I don't like school events." But yet, she belonged with me.

I could give a whole list of our differences. But none of that mattered to us. I loved her and she loved me.. At least I thought she did.

I never had an interest in school and I never got good grades. She, on the other hand was a straight A student. That's where it all went wrong.

I dropped out of highschool while she continued to excel. After graduation, she told me that she had achieved her dream..

Harvard.

I was happy and sad at the same time. The girl I loved was going to live her dream. But it also meant that things would change. Little did I know, they would change more than I thought.

I was prepared for a long distance relationship. Hell, I would even move with her! That's how much I loved her. But she had other plans.

I stared out my bedroom window as I recalled the events that took place between us. She lived next door to me for 5 years. Her bedroom window was right across from mine. As I looked out my window, and into her now, empty bedroom I thought of the last time I was there with her.