5 ~ Feel Like Home

"When you're lost, I'll find a way. I'll be your light. You'll never feel like you're alone. I'll make this feel like home." - Home by One Direction

Stella's P.O.V

Moving to Australia had been hard on me. It hadn't even been a week yet and Ian and I already had a fight. The morning after Michael was here Ian didn't come home till late morning. Maybe I was overreacting but I was upset because he hadn't even called me to tell me where he was.

When he pulled up I was angry. I had been waiting for a call or a text.. Something to tell me what was going on but nothing..

"Well thank you for gracing me with your presence." I said sarcastically as I walked out to meet him in the driveway.

"I'm sorry S, my phone was low when I left the house and it died." He said, trying to calm me down.

"Oh, and you've never heard of a charger.. Okay Ian." I rolled my eyes.

"Stella, do you know why they called me down there? There was a power outage. Even if I had a charger it wouldn't work." He explained. "I'm sorry, I really am." He looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"I just.. I need to know where you are Ian." I breathed. "We're in this new place and I don't know anyone and I just feel alone." I raked my hands through my hair; a habbit I often did when I was stressed or nervous.

"I know babe, I know. And it wasn't right for me to not call you. I should have put more effort into talking to you." He said, reaching for my hands.

"Just don't let it happen again." I shook my finger at him.

"Cross my heart and hope to die." He said as he held up the "scouts honor" signal with his hand.

"Your hand signal and your statement don't match, you dork." I shook my head and giggled a little.

"You know what I mean." He pretended to punch me.

"River kept asking when you were coming back. He'll be happy to see you." I said as we began to walk into the house. I looked up for a moment and saw Michael sitting on the porch along with another blonde guy.

I felt a little embarrassed about him seeing Ian and I argue but I quickly dismissed that feeling.

As soon as we walked in the door, River ran to meet us.

"Daddy!" He exclaimed.

"Hey little man!" Ian knelt down to hug him. I smiled at the beautiful scene in front of me. Even though I was in this new place surrounded by a bunch of people I didn't know.. I did know that this was all I needed. I knew that as long as I had my two boys by my side, I'd be just fine.

"You look tired, babe." Ian said as I yawned.

"Yeah, I was up pretty late last night." I said, rubbing my eyes. "Didn't get much sleep."

"Why don't you take a nap?"

"I shouldn't.. There's still so much stuff to put away and-"

"Shhh." Ian cut me off. "That stuff can wait.. Go get some rest." He said, pecking me on the lips. I reluctantly agreed and walked upstairs to what was now my room. I looked out the window into the room next door. The walls were covered in posters of various bands. Somehow, I knew that must have been Michael's room.

Closing the curtains, I went to lie down. Soon, I drifted to sleep.

I woke up hours later to the sound of a loud bang. I jumped up and went downstairs to see what the ruckus was.

"What are you two doing down here?" I inquired.

"I told you we were being loud, daddy." River looked up at Ian.

"Loud is an understatement.." I jokingly scoffed.

"We wanted to surprise you." Ian said, gesturing all around him.

I took a moment to actually take in my surroundings and began to smile. The house was almost completely put together. Pictures were hung and a good part of the furniture was in place.

"Do you like it mommy?" River asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yes baby, I love it." I said, scooping him up in my arms and kissing him on the cheek.

"Do I get a kiss too?" Ian raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"Later.." I whispered.

"I like the sound of that." He smiled. "But there's more.." He said, nodding toward the kitchen.

Surprised, I walked into the kitchen and saw the table set with my favorite food.. Italian. He made spaghetti, garlic bread, and a delicious looking salad.

"Wow, Ian.. You really outdid yourself."

"I already ate." River piped up. "I'm gonna go play." And with that he darted up the stairs.

"I told him he could stay but he said 'no, you and mommy need alone time.'" Ian laughed. "I swear, he's just like an adult."

"He is." I smiled.

"Shall we?" Ian said as he dramatically waved towards the meal he had prepared.

"We shall." I mocked his tone.

~~

It had been a while since Ian and I had spent quality time together. With him being so busy at work and all the moving stuff it was hard to find peaceful moments.

Dinner was amazing. We talked and laughed and I was reminded of how much I missed him.

"Thank you for this." I smiled, reaching across the table to hold Ian's hand.

"Of course.. It's the least I can do for my amazing wife." He replied.

"Yeah I guess I am pretty great."

"And cocky." He retorted.

"That's why you love me." I teased.

"Well, that and the fact that you're super sexy." He replied.

"Mmm.. You're not so bad yourself." I raised my eyebrows. "You know, I did promise to thank you for all of this. And I never break my promises."

"I like the sound of that." He said, standing up.

And with that, dinner was over. The dishes we're forgotten and suddenly, nothing mattered but running upstairs and getting rid of our clothing.

Please remember to vote and comment <3