Creeper

It was cold, dark and foggy.

I was running...
From who? I didnt know,

I was barefooted the soles of my
feet were bloody, my hair was a mess and my clothes torn and dirty.

Every single step felt as if many sharp knives were piercing my skin.
Beads of sweat were running down my forehead but I wouldn't bother wiping it, I couldn't, it'd only slow me down.

My lungs were burning I struggled to breath, but I wouldn't stop, I couldn't.

My legs felt numb as if they'd give up any second.

Crunch crunch crunch

Panic surged through my body like a wild fire, I didn't dare look back.

Who ever was running after me was catching up to me causing tears of frustration to fall down my cheeks.

I knew that whoever it was wasnt following me for a friendly conversation.
I felt someone pull my arm....

I awoke with a gasp. Violet the manager of the little shop I worked at was shaking my arm.
"If you keep falling asleep on the job I'll have to fire you this isn't the first time it's happened." She exclaimed loudly, her lips twitching.

"I understand I'm so very sorry." I mumbled

She raised an eyebrow at me "table 3 is ready to order," she walked towards the kitchen.

I made my way towards table 3. There were  Three men dressed in expensive suits, making me wonder why men like these would come to a place like this.

"May I take your orders," I smiled widely ignoring the chills that ran up my spine. They seemed to assess me for what seemed like minutes.

My cheeks burned and I adjusted my outfit. My job required all the employees to wear uniform.
For the men a simple grey button up and a pair of pants of their choice, but women had to wear short grey dresses. I had to admit the dress was beautiful but at times like these I wished it could be longer .

"Umm I-I could give you guys a few more minutes to think about what you'd like to order,"I stuttered. I mentally smacked myself. Get it together Sarah what is wrong with you.

I hurried back to the counter and let out a huge breath. I felt sick, maybe I was over reacting and it's the dream that has me so shaken up.

"Whoah you okay?"
I turned to face Aspen, my only trusted friend who worked in this cafe. His eyebrows knit together in concern his green eyes full of worry.

"Hey , I'm sorry to ask you this but do you mind taking care of table 3 for me I think I just need a little fresh air," my voice cracked a bit.

"Yeah sure thing, when you come back I want to hear it," he raised his eyebrows and walked towards the intimidating men sitting in table 3.
Aspen asked them for their orders but their eyes were focused on me. Their cold stares made me shiver, I walked towards the back exit leading to the alley. I needed some air.

My heart was racing and my hands were shaking. I took huge breaths.

"Come on Sarah calm down you had a bad dream, it was nothing," I assured myself

I heard a crunching sound near a garbage can on the right. I jumped, I was being paranoid this alley is full of stray cats.Another crunching noise this time closer, I yelped and ran towards the cafe shutting the door harshly. I didn't know what was wrong with me today maybe I needed more sleep. I sighed and leaned against the door, another chill running down my spine.