Your Body Got Me Wet

Chapter Two: Your Body Got Me Wet

Honey

The snow on my eyelashes had me wide awake. Of course I'd fall asleep on my way to school.

Placing my arms underneath me to push myself up, I found it nearly impossible. A heavy, furry animal was curled around me, slumbering. Was it hibernating on me?!

"Get off of me," I wheezed, my arms quivering underneath me.

The wolf's beautiful azul eyes opened, looking quite comfortable.

"You, you," I sputtered, crawling from underneath him. "You pulled a Jacob Black!"

My cheeks flushed when I thought about the man I saw just moments ago. My tan face probably looked like a spaghetti meatball. God, I was hungry.

He glared, seemingly offended at my words.

"I saw it. Right before I fell asleep. I even saw your... your cream puffs; your Subway sandwich!"

Was it just my imagination?

I felt deflated. But why would I even imagine that? Then again, it was really big. Too big. There's no way it could be real. The chiseled abs and godlike beauty were too good to be true.

The wolf kindly ignored my yapping, moving his nose to push me to my feet.

"Whatever," I mumbled to myself.

It was getting unbearably cold outside. The warmth from my new companion was the only thing that kept me warm while I slept.

I begrudgingly began walking back home. Judging by the dark hues of the sky, school was long over, and I'd probably get a good scolding from Principal Phil. He hated when I'd say "Bye, Phil-icia" after his savage rants, but that was his problem.

Luckily, my cantankerous aunt was at work at the local bar until the butt crack of dawn, and my cousin Amber was probably out with her numerous friends buying thongs and what not.

There was a small thudding beat behind me, and I whipped around to see the gigantic wolf  stop as well, his eyes trained on my backside.

I didn't know he'd be following me to my home.

The moment we walked up the steps, the sounds of his heavy paws hitting the floor echoed through the wood of the porch, and each step made my eye twitch with annoyance.

"Go home, dude," I frowned. I looked around for a garden weapon to fend off the beast. My eyes fell on a hoe near me. Perfect.

I lunged for it and swung around, now facing the majestic-yet-stalkerish wolf.

"Shoo!" I huffed, swinging the heavy hoe around. Flicking the wrist didn't help, because the wolf had no trouble catching the hoe in his mouth.

The tool had no affect on him.

He made a snorting noise before clenching his teeth, completely snapping the hoe in half.

After his brutal show of strength, he  shook his fur to get the afternoon snow off of him before looking down at me smugly.

Some of the snow must've melted on the warmth of his fur, because I was now utterly soaked, my hands gripping the remains of a broken garden tool.

I threw the useless old hoe off the porch, my eyes watering.

"Rude," I glared through my unshed tears. My tears were left unshed. That dirt digger wouldn't be able to be put in the shed either. "You broke my hoe, and your body got me wet!"

I was two hundred percent done with him. My eyes flitted toward my front door. Aunt Felicia never bothered to lock our door because she lost the house keys. If I could just get through the door, I'd be safe.

Giving him the double middle finger (as if he understood), I charged for my front door, accidentally bumping my nose and flattening it. It went from a full grown potato to a potato chip real quick. The pain was completely ignored because of the adrenaline rush, and I nearly cried with relief when I slammed the door behind me.

Once behind the safety of my door, I got on my tippy toes to look through the peephole of the door.

He was gone.

"Nice try, honey," a low voice murmured behind me.

I froze.

As if in slow motion, I turned to face the owner of the hypnotizing voice.

My world stopped as my eyes found his. His bright, mesmerizing eyes held mine. The cool shade of blue was anything but cold as he peered down at me. He was utter perfection. His sculpted jaw down to his rippling muscles under beautiful trails of ink. The hit of déjà vu came quickly, and I made sure not to look too far down again.

He stepped closer to me, holding my gaze, gauging my reaction. His warmth enveloped me, and if I weren't so tanned, he'd probably see my blush. My judgement clouded as he stepped closer and closer.

I placed my hands on his bare solid chest, my hands burning from the contact. I felt his heart beating erratically, betraying his stoic expression.

"Wait," I whispered, my voice hoarse. He froze under my command. "How do you know my name?"

~*~

A/N: I've just started my first week at a new school! The classes are ridiculously rigorous compared to my other school, AND we aren't allowed to use phones in classes. So of course I would write up this chapter in class for you. #WatchMeWhip #WatchMeSlaySlay

Please remember to vote, comment, or share if you're liking Honey so far!