Lowkey Taylor Swift

Chapter Five: Lowkey Taylor Swift (Make Like A Tree And Leave)

Lucas, Honey's best friend, above.

Honey

Hell.

Everything was dark. The shadows menacingly loomed over the terrain as far as they eye could strain to see.

Though there was also red all around, red upon red upon bloody red. The red world was freezing; my lips were surely a pitiful blue.

There were hints of movement in my peripheral view, and the only thing I could distinguish was the whites of exhausted eyes and the slow puffs of shaky, exhausted breaths.

My fingertips were numb and my limbs felt as if they were shackled by cuffs that weighed so much—too much.

I was tired.

I was too drowsy to even care that a large hand clasped over my shoulder, hindering me from continuing on my journey to the abyss of absolute meaninglessness.

"Honey," a deep voice said firmly, shaking me out of my clouded state.

"Why are you here?"

Why am I here? Why is anything here?

"Honey, answer me. Why the fuck are we at school right now?"

I shuddered at the mention of school. The red brick walls that hid a world full of monotonous living and somewhat smelly teenagers.

"It's five o'clock in the morning. We shouldn't be on the school campus this early," the voice tried again. It was the voice of my pessimistic best friend.

I need to start investing in new friends.

"Quit the fact-finding, Lucas, I'm escaping the brutality of my domineering aunt in order to pursue a life of ultimate safety," I said snappily.

I whirled around to glare at my negative  sidekick, only for him to stare back down at me disdainfully with his cold grey eyes.

He was so tall, and his all-seeing, calculating gaze probably made people endure explosive diarrhea. But I've known him since before I've even known about knowing him, and his angry look was all just of genuine care.

I hope.

The only light that illuminated him came from his phone screen displaying the time. The shadows on Lucas's face made his jaw clench visible, and he continued to cast me a look of annoyance.

"Why are we here so early?" he pushed.

"Why are you so early?" I countered, putting my hands on my hips.

He made a growling noise before putting his phone in my face, temporarily blinding me.

I blinked before reading my urgent text messages to him.

(4:20am)
HIGH LUCAS. haha get it?? 4:20 lol! im walking to school, wanna join?
Yes? Kk

...WEED better get going lmaoo got u

(4:31am)
Jello??
Hello*
LOL the 'j' and the 'h' are right next to each other on the keyboard. Btw, do you have any jello we can eat on the way cause i missed breakfast :(

(4:39am)
Lucas come now please im scared & hungry

"Oh," I giggled. "Did you bring some food?"

"I'll feed you if you tell me what happened," Lucas bargained.

I raised both of my eyebrows. I could not raise one at a time, you see.