I'd Sell My Right Hand For You

Chapter Six: I'd Sell My Right Hand For You

Honey

"Praying nobody else is getting the opportunity to see your ass right now," Kaiden's amused voice said, approaching me.

The cold glint in his eyes was dissolving as he neared, and the hole in my chest was instantly filled.

"Kaiden! What are you doing here?"

"I was around," he smiled evasively. He probably heard me screaming for life alert. "And what are you doing here?"

I blushed. "I was running away from your... friends. They said you were busy. We need a serious talk about hiring your BFFs to follow me around. That's a whole lot of lunch money wasted, Kaiden."

"I'm not paying them," he said frankly.

"That's even worse!"

"It's their duty to listen to me."

"You better not be a cult leader."

"Close," he said thoughtfully.

"Kaiden!"

"We'll talk about this later when you're not stuck in the window, okay Honey? Now stay still, I'm going to hold your hands firmly while I pull out."

His large hands wrapped around mine.

"Okay, but please be gentle when you pull out! I don't wanna be sore when we're done," I said petulantly.

"No promises," he shot me an impish grin.

Contrary to his words, he was nothing but careful in pulling me out of the window.

It was then that I realized how tall he was. The window sill was over six feet up, but he had no trouble looking directly at me without having to look up whatsoever.

He caught me in his arms and placed me on my feet. Before I could blink, the thick leather jacket around his broad shoulders was instantly wrapped around my own, engulfing me in his overwhelming warmth.

I smiled shyly, peering up at him as he caressed my cheek. "This jacket feels like getting free Popeyes. I love it."

"You're such a dork," he grinned, but his eyes were trained solely on my neck, right under the hand on my skin.

The tattoos on his own body peeked from his blue tee, catching my eye. It was an utter shame he wasn't naked again. The art on his sculpted body made him all the more intimidating, but the only thing I could feel near him was content. 

"How tall are you?" I blurted out.

"Taller than you," he replied, finally looking directly at me with his vivid eyes.

"You know, I'm pretty tall," I scoffed.

"If you're a tall, then I'm a venti," he snorted.

...

"I won't tell jokes anymore," Kaiden relented, rolling his eyes.

"I love your jokes. You should start charging people a CUPple of starBUCKS for them to hear more!"

He suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulling me flush against him. I laughed, wrapping my arms around his waist as he held me to his chest. It was obvious he was trying to hide his cringe.

"I've got to go soon. My 'BFFs' were right; I've a lot of business to attend to," he said, a slight hint of annoyance laced in his voice.

"Werewolfy business?" I said in awe. Was he having trouble with the Cullen's crossing his border? "You've got to let me know more about this stuff."

I grinned when he agreed.

He trusted me.

I trusted him too. Who wouldn't trust a god of a nude wolf-man who you just met and cuddled with in bed?

Okay, maybe everyone.

"When will I see you again?" I frowned.

"Tonight," he said determinedly. "I'll visit you tonight. I can't stand being away from you for more than a few hours, Honey."

"I can't stand that either," I said sincerely.

We were quiet for a moment, taking each other in.

"I mean like, I can't stand being away from you, not me, haha," I finished off awkwardly. "Woooh, it's getting hot out don't you think?"

I sensed the déjà vu as we both glanced at the frozen environment around us.

"Its because you're here," he played along, taking my cold hands in his.

"Smooth as a baby's bum," I beamed at him.

"Will you do something for your smooth baby bum?" he grinned.

Dear God. Anything. Want me to sell my right hand on eBay? No biggie, I'm left handed.

"Yeah, sure," I nodded, feigning nonchalance. I even flipped my hair for good measure.

He looked me directly in the eye as his pupil began to narrow as his irises glowed dramatically. Everything around me disappeared as my body and mind locked with the electrifying blue stare and the soothing sound that came with it.

There was no waver in his husky voice as he spoke. "Babygirl, you're going to go back to school and continue on with your day. You're going to allow Hazael and Cole to follow and protect you because they want nothing more than your safety. Okay?"

"Okay," I nodded automatically, my voice shallow.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to my forehead before my surroundings came crashing down and he was gone.

I blinked.

Okay first of all, Hazael and Cole were actually his friends' names?

I'd probably pee myself from laughing so hard if I weren't so confused.

His eyes were great and all, but the way he commanded me so seriously was off-putting. Why the frickle frackle would I let two men follow me around? Did he actually think I'd just listen to him if he turned his eyes into an arousing blue lava lamp?

My thoughts were interrupted when I looked up to see Kaiden in the distance with his arms wrapped around the crying boy from earlier, now asleep. The model of a girl strode beside him with equal confidence, and I couldn't help but feel hurt as they disappeared into the cold forest.

A/N: Lmao try voting with your nose.

Happy three day weekend to my fellow United States dwellers; may we enjoy the day and cherish the celebrant of it!

May we also cherish yOU GUYS!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNWAVERING SUPPORT FOR THIS SWOOZY STORY. Honestly couldn't have asked for a kinder audience.

If y'all wanna be friends or ever wanna talk, feel free to add me on Instagram (SHAMELESS SAVAGE I AM) @xxrowe  :)