Misspelled Names and Stupid Games

Mikey recieves a snapchat notification from Gerard at 8am on Monday, but because he doesn't wake up any earlier than 11, he responds back about four hours late.

It's a selfie of Gerard, in front of his counter, holding a Batman mug. Behind Gerard is a coffee maker, and Mikey has to squint at the image before-yep. Yep. That's definitely the Dolce Melody Coffee Maker that Mikey remembered buying before he moved to university. It had cost him $60.00.

Gerard stole it when he was helping Mikey move to his new dorm room.

This probably would have bothered Mikey less if he didn't spend $60.00 on the damn thing, but then again, if Gerard didn't steal his coffee maker, he wouldn't be Gerard Way, and it's been three months since Mikey last saw his coffee machine in person. Life hadn't been too bad without it, especially since there's a Starbucks two blocks away from the apartment Mikey's rented. So instead of getting pissy about the coffee, he sends back a selfie with no caption.

Mikey's phone chimes within thirty seconds. Gerard is making a face, saying Don't you have classes or something?

Mikey rolls his eyes. 30 minutes. Gonna get coffee first.

Oh right. Coz you don't have the machine.

Fuck off. I want it back.

Gerard takes another picture of the coffee machine. Whatever you say, brother dearest.

Mikey did have plans to steal back his coffee maker, but for now, going to Starbucks on a regular basis wasn't a bad idea. The coffee shop smelled nice; it was cozy and cute and the barista usually didn't try to start conversation, which helped a great lot. The routine was nice, and after three months, well; Mikey wouldn't be too upset if he never got the coffee machine back during his college years. He didn't mind Starbucks.

Then the new guy showed up.

.....

"Caramel Macchiato espresso, please. No whip."

Mikey has his head down, staring at his phone. So his timing was a bit off; class starts in fifteen minutes, not thirty, and it'll take him ten minutes to walk back. He taps the counter impatiently, willing the barista to hurry up.

"Cool. Name?" The barista says.

"Mikey."

Mikey's been here at least a thousand times before, and he can tell this guy is new. The new barista has a wide smile and black hair, and his eyes are lined with so much eyeliner he looks a bit like a panda. Despite Mikey's impatience, he looks so relaxed, his lazy smile warm and sweet.

It's weird, but also kind of adorable.

If Mikey had any balls, he would start a conversation, but he's short on time and also ha, conversation? More like no. He shoves five dollars towards the barista and wanders to the corner to wait for his espresso to be done.

When his name is called, he thanks him and rushes out the door. He's about to take a drink when he notices the name scribbled on the side of the cup.

Micky.

How one manages to mess up a five letter name, Mikey doesn't know. He doesn't have time to think on it, though, because class just started and he's still in his pajamas.

Gerard needs to give me my coffee maker back, he thinks, before heading to class anyways.

....

Gerard screenshots the snapchat with Mikey's misspelt name on the cup. He thinks these things are hilarious.

Did you get the baristas name? Gerard asks.