♥ - Chapter 2.5 - ♥

I'd like to say I had no idea I would be sitting on the beach, listening to my ex give me advice on how to handle
my current relationship but, to be honest, it happens quite often.

You see, after Selena and I "broke up", we became somewhat of bestfriends and got quite close. Even though we could never let the media know how close we are, we still manage to hang out and not have the paps on our asses.

"So give me a quick recap of what happened between you and pretty eyes this morning." She said, taking a bite of her ice cream bar.

I got a cup of chocolate caramel swirl but some sand got blown into it and so I just swirled the bits of wet grains and dessert together while I tried to think of a way to tell the all too familiar story. "The same thing that always happens. We fuck like crazy, we cuddle for a bit, and he leaves for that whore."

She looks at me unconvinced before saying, "That's not how it goes, you asshole. You know he doesn't just hit and quit." her mouth full of vanilla.

"Well that's what it felt like." I mumbled.

We sat there, quietly watching the waves crash against the shore, and the way the water slowly recedes back into the ever going ocean.

"Hey, look at it this way," she spoke up. "See how the waves land on the beach, almost as if they're trying to get away from the ocean? Well, how long do you think they'll last on their own?"

"I don't know, 2-3 seconds, tops." I answer, using my hand to shield my eye from the sun.

"When the waves are done exploring and being waves, they always go back to where they belong: the ocean. Know why?" I shook my head.

"Because It's where they're complete. The waves are always reunited with the rest of the ocean because, despite its need to crash against the beach, it'll end up drying up into a patch of sand if it didn't go back to where it belonged." She took another bite of her ice cream.

"What the fuck are you even going on about?" I questioned, perplexed by her sudden poetic side.

"Just think about it." She got up, tossing her popsicle stick in the ocean, ignoring my glare. "You need to just sit and think for a bit."