Hiding

guys

omg

what is life

we have 2k reads

what is air

im gone

dead

gone and past

tonight

ok read the chapter now

*~*~*GRACIE POV*~*~*

I waited until they left before I sighed, fluttering back into the bathroom and forcing myself to change back. I grabbed a long strip of toilet paper and covered up the cut on my arm, then changed back and flew out of the window.

Okay.

Now I need to find a place to hide..

I flew around for a few minutes before I found a good place, a few miles away from Hogwarts. It was a small, run down house, with multiple blood splatters on the outside wall. I knew no one would come here. I flew in and transformed, sitting down on the armchair and closing my eyes with a sigh.

"It always comes to this, doesn't it?" I muttered, looking around at all the furniture, some of it thrown around, then looking up at the slashed curtains, "I'm an idiot. Thinking that I could be normal, with something like this."

I brought my hand up to my cheek and wiped a tear away.

"But.. they were such good friends. Maybe they'll understand?" I said hopefully, and then shook my head. "I'm not a monster, but I'm certainly not normal. And James is a big Quidditch person, so that wouldn't work out. He'd probably use me in a game, like they used to.. But James isn't like that, is he?"

I groaned and buried my face in my hands, getting frustrated with myself.

"Okay. No. I'm going to stay in hiding until this blows over and then all will be okay. I'll transfer back to Durmstrang. But I can't do that.. They almost figured it out too. Beauxbatons should be good. Most of the girls there are thick, and I'm pretty sure they hate Quidditch, so they wouldn't talk about it,"

I rubbed my hands on my face with a sigh and a shake of my head. I'll have to tell Dumbledore so he doesn't get worried. But he knows that I always seem to be on the run.

He lied to me, though. He said Hogwarts was safe and no one would find out.

Technically they hadn't, but they're so close, and I can't risk going back and then being shipped off to that stupid reserve like I was last time someone find out. I stood up and decided to explore the building and get all the thoughts off my mind, hopefully.

I walked around for a few minutes and then walked back to where the armchair was. It was a simple house, but with blood everywhere. It was obvious someone had been murdered here.

I laid down on the floor and put my hands on the side of my head to use as a pillow. No way was I sleeping on that bed, with mattress and sheets completely red and heavy with blood. I closed my eyes, trying to force myself to drift away into a peaceful sleep, with no avail.

I finally gave up and stood, deciding to see if there were anything in the fridge. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

I looked at the expiration date on the ham, bread, and cheese, and frowned.

"All of these expiration dates are completely normal. This food is new," I said, beginning to worry slightly.

I felt a presence. A presence of dark and evil. Taking a deep breath, I shrugged the feeling off and looked in the cabinets for plates, and I made a sandwich. I went to the also blood covered table, gingerly sat down, and ate my sandwich in silent.

As I stood up I heard a creak that sounded like it were coming from the bedroom. I glanced suspiciously at the door to the room, and sighed. I'm going crazy. I put my plate in the.. surprisingly new sink, and walked out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

I heard hissing coming from the ceiling and my head flew up to stare at it, but nothing was there. The hissing got louder and closer, and, on an impulse, I transformed and tried to get as far from the hissing as possible, yet it continued to follow me no matter which room I went in.

I was breathing too fast for my little body, and felt as if I was going to pass out any moment now. Perhaps it would be better if I did. Then I would wake up, perfectly fine in the boy's dormitory, and it would all have been a dream.

But I knew that wouldn't happen. There was a dark and evil.. spirit, perhaps, in this house, and, although I knew I should leave now, my curiosity got the best of me. And then I remembered the bedroom, the one room I had not been in.

So I left the living room and transformed along the way, running into the bedroom. I slammed the door closed and put my back against it, eyes closed, breathing heavily.

And then I saw something dark in front of me, like a mist. It reached out to touch me, and as it's misty hand touched me,

I screamed.