How did we come to this?

I didn't do anything to stop him, of course. In fact, he was the one who pulled away, which shocked me.

"I-I'm sorry," He said quietly, and practically ran from the room.

I stood there for a minute, feeling completely numb for a moment, and then jumped for no reason.

How did we come to this?

We were just 'almost friends' and then he kissed me.. and.. oh my Merlin, I didn't even stop him!

I paced the room for a moment, pulling at the sides of my hair, trying to make sense of what had just happened, but nothing came to mind. I let out a breath and shook my head in frustration, leaving the Room of Requirement and slamming the door shut.

I'm an idiot. A complete idiot.

But see, that kiss was nothing like I have ever felt before.

Sure, I had only kissed a few guys before, but Godric, this was much better than any of those. I groaned and then went to Dinner. I looked around for Sirius, but he was nowhere (no where?) to be found.

"Where's Sirius?" I asked, sitting down next to James.

"Don't know. We passed him on the way. He looked flustered," He said with a shrug, grabbing another piece of chicken.

I rolled my eyes and snatched it.

"Where was he going?"

"Whoa, Gracie, calm down!" He said, grabbing the chicken back, "I don't know! I think he went in the direction of the Common Room. Merlin, Gracie, you act like I'm a map!"

I sighed and pushed myself away from the table. I stalked off, grabbing a sandwich on the way off the table. I headed towards the Common Room.

"Amortentia," I said quietly.

The portrait swung open and I climbed in. Sirius was on the Common Room couch by himself, staring at the fire.

"Hey," I whispered.

He jumped and whipped around, staring at me. He visibly relaxed and forced a smile.

"Hi."

"What was that about, at the Room of Requirement?"

"The kiss?"

"Yes."

He cleared his throat, looking uncomfortable.

"It-It was nothing. I'm sorry, Gracie. I don't know why I did it,"

I forced the tears back and nodded, forcing a smile.

"I-It's alright, Sirius,"

I gave him another fake smile and trudged upstairs to the Girl's Dormitory, as a few days ago, someone had transferred to Beauxbatons, leaving a space in the Girl's Dorm open.

I entered and plopped down on my bed, biting my lip to prevent the sobs.

Of course it didn't mean anything. I should be happy about that, right?

No. You don't have to be happy all the time, Gracie.

I smiled.

Stop it. Now. Go cry if you want to. This is not a time for smiling.

Smiling will make me feel better, though.

You shouldn't have to feel better.

My mind is correct. But it's a habit. So I will not stop.

And I continued to smile.

"Gracie, what are you doing? You look like a serial killer," Lily said, coming into the dorm.

She stared at me with wide-eyes as I laughed maniacally, rolling around on my bed.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHA! THAT'S FUNNY LILY!" I screeched.

She lunged for me, pinning my arms down.

"GRACIE ST-"

"AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!"

"SIRIUS!" She screamed.

She rolled off me and ran to the stairs, standing on them so Sirius could come up. He was up in minutes.

"What?"

"Somethings wrong with Gracie!"

He rolled his eyes.

"Isn't there always something wrong with Gracie?"

"No- Well, yeah, but like, really wrong."

Sirius looked at her for a moment before laughter exploded from me again.

"What is that?" He asked frantically, running towards me.

"That's Gracie. Being sad, I guess,"

Sirius frowned.

"Why is she sad?"

"I don't know! Fix her!"

Sirius groaned.

"I can't just fix her! It's not like she's broken!" He said with a roll of his eyes.

Lily glared at him and stalked towards him, pushing him away from me.

"Listen here, Black," She snarled. "I don't know what you did to her, but whatever it was, you're going to have to fix it. Got it?"

He gulped and nodded, walking towards me again and taking a deep breath. He gently touched my cheek and I jolted suddenly.

"Whoa- What happened?" I said quietly, looking around.

He gave me a strange looked and cocked his head.

"You don't remember what just happened?"

"Am I supposed to?"

"I don't know. Are you?"

"Don't get me all confused,"

"You're already confused,"

"I see- wait, no, I know that Sirius."

"It doesn't seem like it."

"Shut up, all this talking is making my head hurt."

"Is that so?"

"Sirius, stop talking like you're forty."

"Saying 'Is that so' is not talking like I'm forty,"

"It sounds like it."

"You are feeling very sleepy..."

My eyes drooped.

"What are you doing, Sirius?"

"Turning your mind against you," He said in a hushed tone.

"Well stop. I don't want my mind-" I paused to yawn. "-to turn against me."

"It already has. Goodnight, Gracie,"

"Night Sirius," I mumbled sleepily.

And, as my eyes fluttered close, I could've sworn I felt something slightly wet on my forehead, and in a matter of seconds, it was gone.

*~*~*