Can't Face Him

The next day I woke up by Madam Pomfrey trying to force a potion down my throat while I was sleeping. I spit it up at her, of course. She glared at me.

"You have to get to classes," She snapped, grabbing a wash cloth and dabbing her shirt to try and get the potion off her clothes.

"No! I can't face him!"

"Who?"

"Him!"

"Who?"

I just groaned and shook my head, standing up. She handed me a bag of clothes that I've been living out of since I came into the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey said that I should be able to leave on Saturday, which was tomorrow. Thankfully. I was tired of being in this hospital.

"Now go get ready,"

I sighed and snatched the bag of clothes, glaring at her and went to the bathroom. I changed into the clothes and came out a few minutes later, throwing the dirty clothes into the bag and handing it back to her. I walked out, ignoring her calls for me and headed to breakfast, hoping not to see Sirius.

Of course, today just had to be the day my clumsy self decided to walk too fast and run into his back.

He turned around and looked at me with wide-eyes. I mumbled a sorry and rushed past him, keeping my head down. I shoved past anyone who tried to walk in front of me and was at the Great Hall in a few minutes. I sat down near the end of the table and, instead of piling up food like I usually do, I just put a small portion of eggs that barely took up a third of the already small plate.

The guys stared at me from across the table with curious eyes, glancing at my plate and then looking up at me. I glared at them and saw them wince.

I ate my small bit of eggs and stood up, pushing my plate away and storming past. I saw Sirius glance at me slightly guiltily, then he looked back at his girlfriend, Tanya Gills. She looked at me in disgust and then gave Sirius the most fake smile I had ever seen in my life. She made it too overly sweet to be real.

He seemed to buy it though, and laughed slightly, giving her a love-struck look. I sighed and looked down at my feet as I walked. I didn't have a chance. Tanya was pretty, smart, and could be seriously nice to people she liked. It's actually a good thing she doesn't like me, so I have a reason to hate her now without feeling guilty.

I made my way to my first class, which I was extremely early to. I didn't care, and sat down near the back, opening a book and burying my face in it so no one saw me. In a few minutes, a few more people entered but since there was still a good fifteen minutes of breakfast left. Knowing how most people were in this school, they would wait until last minute to enter the room, when the professor was still getting ready to start the lesson.

My theory was correct, and about thirty seconds before the bell rang, students piled in, chatting and laughing. I looked around and saw someone out of the corner of my eye sit next to me. I looked over at who it was and immediately glared.

"Go away, Sirius,"

"Gracie- Gracie, wait. What did I do to make you mad?"

I glared again.

"Everything, Sirius. Go away. I don't want you here. Go sit with your mates and Tanya," I spat her name and frowned at Sirius.

"I don't want to."

"Too bad. I'll tell the professor if I have to,"

Sirius sighed sadly and stood up, walking with his head down to where James, Remus, and Tanya sat. Tanya gave him a grin and then looked over his shoulder just to glare at me. I smiled overly sweet at her and she just scoffed, putting her hand on Sirius' shoulder and then leaning close to Sirius. She kissed his cheek and smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes and focused on the Professor, trying not to focus on Tanya and Sirius, who were the new gossip around the school.

I huffed and crossed my arms, looking away and squeezing the thoughts of them out of my head. I sighed in relief and leaned back in my chair.

Finally, peace and quiet.

Maybe.