Prologue

"No! Please don't take Aris away!" I beg as tears run rapidly down my red cheeks. The water clings to my skin and creates trails under ember eyes.

I stare at the wckd employees. They were standing in white cotton jackets that cling to their sweat ridden skin. They hold Aris in their grasp.

Aris. He is my life. Everything about him lights up my world. His medium length blonde hair and slightly tan skin is beautiful. His plump lips and beautiful brown eyes that stares into my soul.

He fights his way. He try's to get closer to me with a single tear clawing down his sharp cheek bones.

Wckd did this. They took my world away from me. They said they wouldn't if I did what they said. Which was to make the maze with those bastards Thomas and Teresa.

"You said you wouldn't! You promised." I scream as they yanked Aris off his feet.

"I love you Amber." He says as he crashes to the floor with his hands tied behind his muscular back.

His head smashes to the black tiles. His eyes are dazed and they slowly close no matter how hard I scream.

They pull me out of the white room where the love of my life is stranded in. They are taking him. Taking him to the maze.

I stand in a state of shock. My long slender legs shaking. My butt length soft brown hair laid damp upon my head.

The evil urchins rush around me trying to get a response out of me. Despite the amount of people in this hall, I feel alone.

I fall to the ground in a sitting position. Though I sway slightly. My red silk dress his sprawled out along my legs and against the harsh floor.

The urchins that once worked for me try to help and get anything out of me. They need me. I was the mastermind behind the trials. Thomas and Teresa envied me because of my smarts. Aris adored me, as I him.

Wckd lied. They lied to me. I played right into their hands. I lost my love and my dignity. They tricked me. Now I was a broken useless 16 year old girl.

Why do they still want me? The numbness that overtook my body slowly started to thaw.

I hear ringing at first and my scarced amount of vision slowly became clear. With a shaken breath I stand up. My bare feet bolted firmly to the ground as I stand with pure authority. Silence falls on the awful personnel.

"Why?" I ask. My voice raw but completely firm and haunted with hatred. The sound of intimidation. My eyes ablazed I glare around the room at these freaks.

"I did what you asked but no longer. You took the last thing that was my humanity so I will take yours." I growl harshly.

The Wckd staff stay deathly still like prey pretending to be dead. They should know the power I have over the system. They should know I'm to kind to the boys and put multiple back doors in the system. They should know that Aris was the only thing keeping me from not destroying everything in my path.

Yet they took the rock. They took the only thing that weighed down my rage. When I'm angry my mind goes into code red. The thoughts that were once jumbled line up completely. The equations go off like explosions and everything is solved.

The system I designed with Thomas and Teresa is like child's play now. Everything turns radar red and I start to read imaginary stats off everyone.

The way they hold their bodies explain there past like a book. A book that may seem like Greek to others is simple picture books to me.

"We got it. We have got her. We need her like this. Her Iq flies off the charts when she is enraged!" Says a short women in delight.

She is the only women that dares speak during this. Her short white blonde hair is framed to perfection and her small plump body is hidden in a blue dress.

The way she says those words. She's practically moaning. She eats the words like they are the juiciest piece of meat she's ever eaten.

"Ava you are an idiot a complete and uder idiot. You Wished for my demons to be released yet you took away the only thing that holds them. I kept them in lock and key and you just stole the key." I state cocking my head in a lizard fashion.

"You know what I did before I met him. I destroyed those places. You should never have expected me to work for you while the demons prance around. If you put me anywhere near a computer no matter what I will use it for good." I state coldly.

"I will destroy the trials. I will destroy Wckd." I laugh wildly calculating all the possibilities.

Ava, the women, stares wide eyed at me. She is an idiot. The calculations are simple. Before I met Aris I had a small amounts of rage that makes my Iq go off the charts. If I had him it mellowed. If not my rage would triple. Example:

Baby without candy would whimper.

Baby with candy was fine.

Baby that had the candy taken is angry.

Simple but her small brain couldn't grasp the fundamentals.

"P-put h-her in the maze with him!" Ava shouts panicked. You could see the gears turning through her sky blue eyes.

"But mam, she created the swipe I doubt that it would work fully! The trials would be ruined. Besides we can't put her in with the boys, they are much to far behind and will cause a panic." Quips a rat of a man.

I start to laugh. Not a funny one but a pure evil one. The one that sends shivers up your spine.

"You are bad bad bad! You took him now I will take them. I will ruin the project I will ruin your lives. You are greedy cowards! Send small children into a death place so you could find a cure!" I laugh my eyes still searching the crowd with a hungry desire.

I will make them pay.

"Just get her there now! We will put them in group B! We will send Thomas and Teresa up to group A so that it works out evenly." Screams Ava panicked.

The crowd around me had stayed silent. They know I'm right and that I could ruin them. They think I wouldn't see them if they don't move. Wrong!

Pounding of feet hit the ground in the warily silent hallway. At least 20 guards breach through the crowd. The men in black trickle through and snatch me up.

They tranquilizer me just as they reach a 10 meter radius. They pump my body filled with drugs. Though my massive adrenaline rush still flows and I am awake.

They try again and again. Pumping more into me at a deadly amount.

Until finally when I blink, my large almond shaped eyes don't open. I fall to the floor with my brown hair flowing like a waterfall into a puddle surrounding my delicate frame.

I know where I'm headed and I know that I won't remember so I replay memories over and over in my head as I let my mind slip into the giant army of darkness.

The last thought before my body lost the war? Aris.