2

Ambers POV:

I awake In a cold dark box. Moist air fills my breathe and the distinct smell of oil drenches the air.

The metal box was like a fence. I awoke right dab in the middle of it. The small box starts to rise at alarming speeds.

I try to think back to how I got here. But no memories come. No memories at all.

Panic arises into me and calculations run rapid through my brain. The boxes atmosphere calculates to that of myself being underground by 1,000 feet.

By at the speed of the cold box I should return to the top in 30 minutes time.

I slowly lift myself onto my elbows as I try to remember something, anything. Suddenly, like a paper under the door, a memory slips through.

"Aris, I don't want to do it. I don't want to make the maze. Those poor people! But they are threatening your safety so I must." My past self explains to a figure. I was about the age of 12.

The figure was blurred slightly but I could make out a male with blonde hair.

"Amber, I love you so much. I understand. I'm so sorry." The figure says. The boy Aris comes closer and crashes his lips into my past self. His features cleared slightly and I realized this was a boy of 13 years of age.

So my name is amber. I created a maze to save my lover named Aris. Nice. But that doesn't explain where I'm going.

I sat pondering on where I'm going and who I am. I brought my silk draped legs to my chest. Soon enough the box stopped.

I stand up with my legs together and a dignified posture. I shake my head slightly and slump down into my familiar posture.

I feel my bare feet shake from what seems like exhaustion. But I stand. The dark box opens from the top and bright sun light stream through like ribbons.

So figure jumped through the whole. The figure was larger then me but definitely feminine.

"Welcome to the glade." The figure says bored. My vision clears from sunlight and I take in the person. She was from an African American decent and had a British accent.

She was wearing kaki shorts and a plaid collar shirt. Her feet were wrapped in bulky boots.

"May I leave the box?" I ask politely. The girl smirks.

"Send the rope down we have a petite little thing." The girl calls. I just smile amused.

The rope comes down and the girl climbs out first. She was expecting me to need help because she was about to pull the rope, but I climbed out gracefully.

Around this Hole were about 50 teenage girls in the same sort of dirt caked outfit as the girl that came into the box.

The girls huddled around me looking very curious. Well I suppose that's normal. I just came out of the ground wearing a silk dress while everyone seemed like a hard worker.

"What's your name newbie?" The dark skinned girl asked.

"Amber." I say automatically. The teens watched in amazement.

"You remember your name already?" Someone asked.

"Yes I woke up without any memories but a small snippet came to me and a boy was calling me amber." I explain.

"Y-you remembered something? What?!" A small girl asked.

"Well I was talking to this boy about how they were threatening to kill him if I didn't make some sort of maze. I wanted to refuse because apparently it was hurting people but he was my lover. I think his name was Aris." I say thinking back.