Chapter 33.

Carter's p.o.v.
I watch them as they worked together. Silently talking as they worked on their short story.

"Carter." Dre waved her hand in my face.

"Yeah?" I ask taking my eyes off of the two for a second.

"We have to get this done." she says.

"I'm a terrible writer, you might wanna do this." I chuckle, sliding the paper over to her.

"You're just saying that so I could do all of the work while you spy on Liz and George." she accuses.

"Damn right! I don't trust that son of a bitch."

"I don't trust him either." she says writing down a couple of words.

"This story is going to suck but I'm just going to blame it on you." she says.

"I don't care, as long at it gets us a C+, I'm good." I say.

My eyes darting back to the two, just in time to see them share a laugh.

I furrowed my eyebrows wondering what they could possibly be laughing for.

It annoyed me, if I'm speaking honestly. I didn't like George as it is but seeing him with my girl laughing just made me angrier.

"I'm finished." Dre informed me.

"They keep laughing over there, I don't like it." I speak.

She looks in their direction and furrows her eyebrows as well.

"It's probably nothing. Maybe she finally forgave him. Doesn't mean she'll date him again, she has you." she shrugs.

"Maybe she isn't over him yet." I sigh.

"Oh come on, she is well over him. She just could never hold grudges. She likes you a lot, don't doubt yourself."

"I guess you're right."

"Always am." she smiles.

*

The first couple of periods had surprisingly flew by and now the boys and I were walking to the cafeteria.

Elizabeth nor Dre had the class with us before lunch period, so we were meeting them inside.

"Carter!" I heard a familiar voice call.

I turned around and saw Dre running towards us with the most worried look on her face.

"What?" I ask.

"Elizabeth." she says panting

"What about her?"

"She got into this big fight with Lilly literally five minutes ago, we need to go home."

"A fight? Like physical?"

"Yes!" she rolled her eyes.

"How? Why? Take me to her." all these things came out of my mouth.

She nods and we all speed walked to wherever my girlfriend was.

I admit, I was kind of nervous. I didn't want Liz fighting, She doesn't need to. She's too beautiful to fight hideous whores, especially Lilly.

Suddenly I felt my phone began to buzz in my pocket. Taking it out, I read the caller I.D.
Elizabeth.

"Hello?" I answered it right away.

"Carter, I need you to come to the front office." she says.

"What happened?" I ask, motioning for everyone to follow me.

"I got in a fight." She almost whispers.

We turned onto the hall, leading us to the office quicker. That's when I saw her sitting on a chair inside.

"I see you, hold on." I didn't give her a chance to reply before hanging up.

I opened the clear office door and glanced at her face. She had a small scratch above her eyebrow and held an ice pack to her cheek. I frowned.

"What the hell happened?" I ask, squatting down in front of her.

"Lilly and I got into a fight." she says.

"Why? I thought she was pregnant." I didn't get it, why would she fight a pregnant woman? Isn't that illegal or some shit?

"No, she's not. I need to talk to you at home. It's really important." she says.

I looked into her eyes and could tell she meant it.

"What did the principal say?" I ask. She looks down.

"I've been suspended for the rest of the day. She got suspended for three days and detention for two days for starting it." she sighs.

"I'm gonna sign out." I say standing up.

I turn to the boys and Andrea.

"I'm going home with her. You guys stay here and I'll come pick you up later on." I tell them. They nod and exit the office.

I huff and walk over to the Secretary, telling her that I needed to go home.

"What for?" she asks.

"I have a doctors appointment." I easily lie.

"Very well then, just sign out on this sheet." She says handing me a pen and a slip.

I quickly fill the slip out and hand it back to her.

"Here." she says giving me a blue paper.

"Give than slip to the guard and he'll let you go." she explains.

I nod and throw my backpack over my shoulder. I walk over to Liz and flick my head, silently telling her to come with me.
She obeys and stands up, following my path out of the front door.

"How do you do it?" she asks.

"Do what?" I ask in confusion.

"You lie so easily and they believe you." She specifies.

I smirk and look over to her.

"It's a gift." I joke.

She slightly giggles. As we arrive at my range, I open her door for her and shut it after She got inside.

I went around the back of it and got inside myself.

"So, are you gonna tell me?" I ask driving off campus.

She sighs, and nods.

"So, Dre and I were on our way to the cafeteria and we saw George and Lilly arguing." I furrow my eyebrows. "George walked away from Lilly and she turned around to me and walked up to me saying, and I quote, 'this is all your fault'." she says.

"What's your fault?" I ask.

"Apparently, she lied about being pregnant to George and he found out about it." she answers.

"So, She faked being pregnant so George would stay with her?" I ask.

"Basically." she shrugs.

I pull into my driveway and put the car in park, turning it off.
I get out and jog to her door, letting her out as well.

"That's not all." she seemed to be nervous about the next thing.

"What's wrong?" I ask opening the front door and entering.

"I think she's working with Chad."

-
Well. I'm sleepy..
Vote, comment, stay beautiful! ❤