Where to start? (a few tips)

So, you are asking me where should I start writing? Well, you just have to start writing and keep writing. That’s it. No magic powder or miracle needed. It may seem easy but it’s still a challenge. Do you know how many people wanted to write a book? Well, a lot. Yet, in the end, not everybody will become that famous author of that most wonderful piece. Believe me when I say that writing a book isn’t going to be easy.

Once you’ve decided to write, you usually end up getting a blank sheet of paper (or an empty computer screen) and sit down. For most of you the first obstacle is going to be that empty sheet of paper. Some call it writer’s block. For this I’ve already written something very helpful:

What to do about a writer’s block? (tips every writer could use)

http://www.wattpad.com/1583210-what-to-do-about-a-writer%27s-block-tips-every

The thing is, that every writer has its own way of writing a novel. There isn’t a certain code you need to follow. There are NO RULES and YOU DECIDE what you are going to write and how you are going to do that. That’s why I can only give you some tips to help you out with the obstacles. I don’t want to discourage you but I don’t think I can. After all, a true writer will find his or her way.

It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write. ---   Sinclair Lewis

A few starting tips:

1.      A dictionary and a thesaurus could be very helpful.

2.      Rome wasn't built in a day and the same goes for your novel.

3.      Make several copies of your work in case something happens to the original.

4.      Pick a quiet and above all a comfortable place to do your writing.

5.      Don’t be afraid of your imagination.

6.      Just start writing.

It was reported that the great American author Sinclair Lewis was once asked to give a lecture on writing to a group of college students "Looking out at this gathering," he said to the assembled students, "makes me want to know how many of you really and truly wish to become writers?" Every hand in the room went up. Lewis looked at them for a moment and then folded his notes and put them away. "If that’s true," he said, "then the best advice I can give you is to go home and start writing." He then turned and left the room.