36.

chapter thirty six
b r y n n

"Yeah we'll be back soon, Luke," Brynn wore her jacket. Michael and Ashton were still sleeping heavily on their bunks.

They arrived in Maryland a couple hours ago, and Calum's already waiting outside for Brynn.

"Do you really have to go?" he asked, holding her wrist.

She shook her wrist away from Luke and smiled at him. "I already said yes... We'll be back soon anyways, plus we're doing the same tomorrow."

Luke glanced past Brynn shoulders to see Calum whistling and looking around. "Mine's better," he smirked.

"Bye," she left the bus and walked towards Calum. "Cal, let's go."

"Just a couple blocks down till we get to the park," he smiled.

"What's our agenda for today?"

Calum smiled. "Get some snow cones then just stroll the park?"

They walked towards the little snow cone stall and sat on the nearest bench.

Suddenly, Brynn felt a shortness of breath. She placed her hand on her chest and tried to breathe in air as much as possible.

It felt almost as if she ran a 10k race. Calum was licking his snow cone when he noticed her. "Oh my god Brynn, what's happening?"

She coughed. "It's not-" she coughed again. "It's nothing. Maybe just too much snow cone."

"You barely even touched your snow cone," he said, looking worried.

"Cal, I'm okay, let's just change the topic," she coughed again. She gave Calum and faint smile and slowly tried to lick her cone.

"Luke would never shut up about you."

"Excuse me?"

He parted from his cone and stared at her. "C'mon, stop pretending that you don't know. You have known Luke longer than the whole band had known him. When you left, we came."

"At first, we were all 'awhhh' and 'cutee' but when days have passed and he still would talk about you both, we knew that he loved you."

"Want the truth? I don't remember anything. All I have are the pictures that I found under my closet. They were just few, but I knew something was so damn special about it."

She placed her snow cone on top of the bench and reacher for her phone. "Here," she handed Calum her phone.

It was the box with all the things inside. She had taken a photo of if, just in case it gets lost.

"That's Luke," he clapped and giggled. "And that's you."

"How'd you get this if you said you don't remember anything?"

"I was fixing my closet one day and I found that. I opened it and saw the picture of a guy and I. And suddenly, it got me all thinking, why don't I remember any of these happening? And of course, the most practical thing one would do is ask their parent, right?" she stared at Calum as he nodded.

"She never answered me. She always had a lot of things to say, until I'd forget what I actually asked. Since then, I just decided to find out myself. I saw that he was in a band, and you guys are pretty amazing. I liked you guys and then when I found out you were coming to NJ, I made way to get the ticket."

"This was it. I waited for this for this for so long. Yea, I wanted to see you too, but seeing Luke is the thing I really waited for. He's the only one who can answer everything," she cried.

She stared at hands for it was all shaky. Tears starting dripping down onto her hands. She pulled her legs to her chest and cried.

Calum rubbed circles on her back. "Why won't you tell him all of these? He's waiting for it."

She raised her head up, "Because it'll hurt him even more."

"How?"

"He's happier. At least I'm with him now, and that's better. Bringing up the past wouldn-" she  breathed heavily.

"I can't breathe," she cried. Calum ran to the nearest stall and bought a bottle of water. "Drink," he opened the bottle and gave it to her.

"What's happening? I think we should go back to the bus," he threw their barely touched cones away and help Brynn get up.

"This is nothing. I probably just cried too much. Plus, I'm really tire," she smiled. The slowly walked to the bus to see a chaotic one.

"Hey! Brynn needs some help!" Calum motioned his head towards her. She sat down in the kitchen area and glanced to see Luke running towards her.

"What happened? Is okay? Do you want to go to the hospital?" Luke fired them some questions.

"I'm okay. I'm just tired."

"We barely even did anything," Calum chuckled. Michael and Ashton came running in with a bottle of water.

"I'm fine guys. Let's just watch a movie."

A/N:
Sorry it took forever to update.
I didn't proofread it so yeah sorry for errors
School starts tomorrow and someone please comfort me :(
I'm new to the school and i don't want to be alone
I'm bad at making friends :(

ps add me on snapchat --> ferrernajx 😁

bye