4.

chapter four

Casey arrived at Brynn's home approximately an hour after Rose's visitors left their house.

"Good Evening, Mrs. Clementine. Is Brynn up there?" Casey's loud voice heard all over the quiet house. Brynn, who heard her friend's voice, unplugged her earphone and headed for the living room.

"Casey," she called out to her friend, interrupting the conversation of Casey and her mom.

"Brynn!" Casey squealed in shock. She ran up to her friend and took her for a hug. Brynn, surprised Casey hugged her, just hugged the girl back.

If you haven't noticed, Casey doesn't go up Brynn's room immediately. She waits for her friend to fetch her, while she sits down in the living room usually on her phone, or talking to Brynn's mom.

Those values are one the things her dad have taught her before her parents got divorced. It's overwhelming how she still lives those values her dad has taught her years ago.

"Mom, if you'd excuse us, we will be doing something very important," Brynn grabbed Casey's wrists.

"Goodbye Mrs. Clementine. I will see you later."

The two sprinted up to Brynn's bedroom to get things started, only to see a huge pile of junk Brynn had left while looking for some jobs.

"What a mess," Casey mumbled. She was in awe to see Brynn's room messier than it could have been.

"Well I have been waiting for you for the past hour, so I told myself you aren't coming anymore, and so I started doing the shit myself," she grunted. It is evident from her voice that she is pissed off with her friend.

"I'm really sorry. My mom just said she would pick me up today in school, and so I stayed there. I waited and waited, until I reckoned that she would never come. I walked home as fast as I can, just so I have time to shower. I'm sorry, you just really know how important things are to me when it involves my mom, right?"

"Yeahh.. I'm sorry too," she apologized. Brynn suddenly felt the ooze of guilt flow in her body.

"So, uh, what do you want to do? Continue looking for a job perhaps?" Casey suggested. She didn't want to feel selfish and make things happen according to her desired schedule.

"Uhh.. yeah sure no problem," they both smiled and sat down the floor to start working.

For hours and hours of searching, and numbers of jobs that may be in consideration, they find nothing that they either take interest on or stands out among the others.

Their small job hunting was interrupted by a small knock on their door.

"Hey guys, I saw that you guys are very engrossed with your little job hunting there. And so, I made you some snacks to munch on," she placed the tray on top of Brynn's bed.

"Oh and just so you know, I was walking down the street a while ago, and you know I check the bulletin everyday, I found something new. Starbucks," the two showed no interest what their mother is looking for people who are friendly, courteous and hardworking people to work for them. "I thought maybe, you guys would want to work there. I don't know, just a suggestion. But tell you, I'd work there if I were you buttholes," she winked and left the room.

"Brynnnn," Casey squealed.

"Caseeee," Brynn squealed back.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking of?" Casey excitedly asked.

"Yes I am," the girl answered back.

"STARBUCKS!" the two screamed. The screams individually are already loud, how much more if they join forces?

"But Starbucks.... Many girls would want to get a job from Starbucks. If we really want that job, we have to move now. Like now now," Brynn pointed out.

"Then what are we doing here just screaming? Let's get all the resumés done!" Both teens stood up and left the room to obtain the so-claimed poster.