Chapter 7

Luke's POV

"Welcome back!" I heard my dad say as I walked through the door.

"Hey dad." I smiled.

"Your mom called about you."

I thought about all of the things she said on the phone, behind my back.

"She said she misses you."

"Well, I don't miss her." I groaned.

"She doesn't love me! She said it herself!"

I sat down next to my dad, as I felt a few tears on my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around him.

"I don't want to go back." I cried. "Please don't make me go back..."

-

Calum and I walked into the cafeteria as our hands tangled. It's our five-month anniversary.

He got me a bear and I made a special rubber band bracelet for him. He's wearing it now, and I can tell he really loves it.

We looked around the cafeteria, trying to spot Ashton and Michael. There they were, so close to each other.

It looked like they were actually going to... Kiss?

"Guys!" I called, causing Ashton and Michael to jump away from one another.

They were both blushing.

"Oh hey guys." Michael said nervously as he scratched the back of his head.

"Uh..." Escaped from Ashton's lips.

I looked at Calum, then slowly looked back at the two.

"Did we interrupt something?" I asked.

"No, not at all." Michael slurred.

"We were just..." Ashton started. "In a really deep conversation."

"Ah, okay." Calum said as he sat down.

I sat down next to him, still feeling as if something was going on between my two best friends. But I'll leave it alone. For now.

"So, it's already been five months, huh?" Ashton asked as he took a glance at my bear.

"Yeah, look what Luke made me!" Calum cheered, motioning to the bracelet on his wrist.

They both laughed.

Ashton and Michael gave each other a weird look before smiling from ear to ear.

What's going on with them?

We remained completely silent for what seemed like forever.

"So..." I broke the silence. "Mike, Ash... Is there anything new going on with you guys? Something that maybe you guys haven't told me about?"

"No, not really." Michael responded casually.

I finally just dropped it after I saw no signs of nervousness or lying.

"You guys wanna hang out with me and Michael this weekend?" Ashton offered.
"You guys can come to my place."

"Sure." I answered.

"Actually," Calum started. "I think I'll pass this time. My mom wants to hang out with me this weekend, and we haven't been able to do that lately. Sorry."

"That's okay." Ashton shrugged.

-

It was after school, and Calum and I had made plans to hang out for our anniversary.