CHAPTER TWO

L E F T  U N S A I D
CHAPTER TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PRELUSION
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
~ UNKNOWN x PICTURE ABOVE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

His name was Keiran.

He was my best friend that was in love with me. And everyone knew that too.

He was marked as 'off limits' because he was supposedly my boyfriend, which he wasn't and now never will be.

    He had asked me, multiple times, to be in a relationship with him in the most extravagant ways.

He was at the top of the class.

He was always there for me when I was down.

He remembered everything about me. The actions I always did when I'm feeling a certain way or the things I say at certain situations.

    The list goes on and on about all the things that made him Keiran. It's a list that made me love him.

But notice how all of the things I've said is in past tense? You see, it just didn't work out. Everything changed.

He goes by Dryden now, which is his middle name.

He left and his feelings went away with him. And everyone knew what happened.

He's still off limits, but for an entirely different reason; he's in a relationship.

He stopped asking me out, as he's in a relationship and his feelings went away.

He rarely comes to school anymore.

He became a reason I was down.

He stopped talking to me and started pretending I don't exist, by having a look of confusion on his face whenever I was mentioned.

    But you can't just forget about somebody within days that you used to care about; who meant the world to you. You can only so much as fake it.

Nothing about him is the same anymore, and I don't think the Keiran I know will ever return.

I guess we all have different ways of moving on. I went through regret and heartbreak while he changed everything about him that I loved.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━