CHAPTER EIGHT

L E F T  U N S A I D
CHAPTER EIGHT
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PRELUSION
But we are all scared to say the things worth saying.
~ UNKNOWN x PICTURE ABOVE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

February 28th was the only day a punch was involved in our friendship, other than the day we started.

A month before, on January 28th, I met March. Coincidentally the last time I saw him was on March 5th.

March is the average guy. He's in between, he isn't really well known nor is he hated. He isn't really noticeable, but he isn't a guy you ignore everyday. He's just March. He's there, but not really.

I liked him. He might've been average to everyone else, but to me he was a dream I never thought I wanted. A crush I never thought I'd get crushed from.

    He was a new student. He came after the winter break. In a few of my classes I saw him but I've never talked to him before. Well, not until our science teacher decided to do an in class lab with partners.

    Guess who I got partnered up with?

    If you guessed March, you're incorrect. If you guessed Kieran, you're also incorrect. They were paired together. While I got paired up with Melinda.

    At the age of 15 she was still perfectly flawless, but she was a...Let's go with snob. She was snobby in the past, now she isn't. Every guy got one date with her before she moved on to the next. It was like she had a list of all the boys and marked them off one by one. Sadly, the next guy on her list was Kieran.

    At this stage, I didn't really care about her ways or whoever Kieran decided to like. It was none of my concern, I thought having crushes at the age of 15 wasn't necessary. Too early to be thinking about love in my opinion.

    Which is ironic. Because after the class I had to switch partners with Kieran, I developed a minor crush on March.

    Looking back now I don't see anything special about him. I can see the averageness in him. I don't know why I got infatuated with him in the first place. I can't recall the reason.

    Maybe I liked guys who had small douchebag traits that are unnoticeable, until you really get to know them. Who knows?

     I never told Kieran I liked March though. I think he assumed I did, but I never flat out mentioned it. Good thing I didn't either. Kieran absolutely despised March.

    Reasoning? He just did. Like sometimes you meet a person and you instantly hate them. They haven't done anything that caused you to, but you just do. You can't help but hate them.

    Kieran didn't need a reason to hate him, but he got one anyways.

February 28th, the day I told March about my crush and he crushed me. The day Kieran punched his face because he crushed me.

It was during a party, the first and last party I ever went to. A few were sober, I was one of those few. March wasn't though, because if he was sober he would've been nicer. He wouldn't have laughed in my face when I revealed my feelings. He wouldn't have went up to the nearest girl and kissed her. He would have let me go nicely.

Which is the worse part of it all. Because I knew from reading a few books that drunken words are sober thoughts. They speak the truth.

March had it coming for him though. He deserved to have a bruised jaw, a busted lip and a black eye. He deserved to have to move away on March 5th. Luckily for him that he moved before more damage could be done to his face. Karma already served him well and wasn't afraid to give seconds.

Kieran had taken me home and comforted me after the fist to the face was given. He bought me ice cream and said some choice words about a certain guy. He told me it was his loss and I was perfect in every way.

I blame Kieran for my feelings that moved from March onto him. He was the reason I got over March. He was the reason my feelings transferred.

    The 28th of February may have been the day I became crushed, but it was also the day I realized there was a perfect guy to crush on right in front of me. One that was always there but I never noticed.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

• A U T H O R S N O T E •

I legit just finished writing this whole thing right now so I could update today. Oops. I've been busy okay?? School is starting up soon and I'm dying. I'll edit this when I edit the whole story as a whole.

Meanwhile be sure to check out my other books ;)

Remember to vote/comment! <3
Thanks for reading. x

~blackholes-x

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━