CHAPTER THREE

L E F T U N S A I D
CHAPTER THREE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PRELUSION
Isn't it surprising how many things, if not said immediately, seem not worth saying ten minutes from now?
~ ARNOT L. SHEPPARD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was on a Friday; the day my soul was ripped in two. Usual celebrations of school letting out and the excitement for the weekend occurred. The only difference, that set that Friday apart from others, was that I was walking in the opposite direction of my house. The way Keiran's or Dryden now, house was located.

He had asked me to meet up at his place because he had to tell me something.

I had went over to his house feeling giddy, because I knew it would be another way of asking me out. But this time when he asked I would say yes.

    I should've analyzed how he had said he had to tell me something, not ask me something. I always used to think over the littlest things before that Friday.

    I didn't do that on that day though, because the thoughts of having the one person who knows me the best, other than myself, being my boyfriend clouded my mind. It was something that I shouldn't have done; letting infatuation seep into my head until I couldn't think clearly.

It was a hint that it wouldn't go the way I thought it would; how he worded his sentence. It was one of many others. Another is how there was no balloons anywhere when I arrived. He always put balloons everywhere every time he was going to ask. He knew I loved balloons. It was always tradition to use them whenever something exciting was bound to happen. It was our tradition.

It seemed that I had failed to notice anything that day.  That the stares of his friends where always directed in my direction. Or the way they always hesitated whenever engaging in a conversation with me. It was like they didn't know if it was appropriate to talk to me or not.

Looking back now, there was so many clues that lead to what happened that Friday.

Too bad I can see them all now.

    Yet it only dawned on me about how different the situation was when I saw the slight twitching of his hands. The grimace, that enveloped his face, before he opened his mouth and words were formed. The words that soon, when heard, would break my heart.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━