Seventeen

{Luke}
I wake up and check the time to see it's 3am. I see messages from Calum.

Bae [11.34pm]
om ciminh baby

Bae [2.22am]
ong u should br heree

Bae [2.57am]
i lobe uouuu

Me [3.12am]
calum??? where r u??

Bae [3.12am]
your nOm OOOOOh

Me [3.12am]
calum seriously we need to talk about yesterday

Bae [3.13am]
nah no we dont byebyeeee

Me [3.13am]
calum??

Me [3.15am]
cal

I sigh in defeat and put my phone down. He went to a party on our anniversary. What a fucking cunt. I go into the bedroom and fully go to sleep.

**

My eyes blink open to feel arms wrapped around me and I feel at peace but then remember what happened. I attempt to wiggle out of Calum's grip but he pulls me closer and I continue to get out to the point where he wakes up.

"Where are you going?" Calum asks with a yawn. I don't reply as I feel tears slip down my face.

"Lukey? Are you crying?" He asks.

I'm still wearing my clothes from yesterday so I only change my pants before walking into the kitchen. The soggy toast is still here. I finally throw it in the bin and grab some cereal. I honestly liked it better when I didn't know Calum went to parties.

"Babe," Calum says as he walks up to me. His hand slips under my chin and he pulls me up to look at him. "What's wrong? Please tell me."

I snort sarcastically.

"Don't remember anything from yesterday? When you carelessly went to a party on our fucking one year anniversary?" I ask and he purses his lips.

"Look.. ahh.. I just wanted to get my mind off--"

"You think that I wouldn't ever come home so you could do whatever you want? I went out to get some advice but they were all working on relationships. I have no friends Calum. You're the only person I have and even you ditch me." I tell him and get my head off his hand.

"I feel like your fucking mom Calum, having to scold you all the time for going out to parties." I say and feel a lump rise to my throat.

"I'm sorry Luke." Calum says, his voice breaking.

"You really don't care about our relationship, about us." I say and Calum shakes his head.

"No no, stop asking me that because you know I wanna fix this." He tells me.

"What, by going to parties and not being home when I finally tell you I want to talk again?" I ask and Calum shakes his head and I continue making my cereal.

"Whatever, go to parties or whatever, I don't even know what'll fix us anymore. Just go, I really feel like I'm your mom or something right now." I say and take the bowl outside.

"Luke.." Calum trails off and I sit on the table. He sits in front of me but I focus on eating.

"Luke I love you, do you still love me?" Calum asks and I look away.

"Yea." I tell him.

He looks like a huge weight has been lifted off his shoulder. I don't want to act too harsh on him, but he just wasted what had to be the best day of our lives by going to a party.

"Okay, let me make up for yesterday, I'll take you on a date." He asks me and I sigh.

"Fine. Where are we going?" I ask and Calum bites his lip.

"Maybe you could be happier." He says and I snort.

"Alright I'll try." I say and Calum smiles.

"Can I have a hug?" He asks.

I stand up and give him a tight hug.

"I love you." Calum says.

"I'm still annoyed but I love you too." I say and he kisses my cheek for a while before letting go.

We change our clothes before we leave the house. Calum takes my hand and I lightly hold it back. I'm not fully forgiving him back okay? It's not that easy. He brings me to a park and sits me down on a bench. It views the horizon and it's really pretty.

"Yea, I didn't have a plan for a date." Calum sighs and I shrug.

"It's fine. All I want is for you to acknowledge me for once and actually focus on me." I say and Calum smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Alright, I'm going to focus on you from now on. I'll take you on dates everyday!" He shouts and I giggle.

"Doesn't have to be everyday babe." I say leaning on his shoulder.

"Well it's good enough. Am I entertaining you okay? Do you want food or anything?" He asks.

"Ice cream would be nice." I shrug and Calum nods.

"Let's go get some then." I say and I stand up and we walk down the street a bit more and into an ice cream shop the smells like waffle cones.

I get strawberry and Calum gets chocolate. We begin to walk down the streets together with our hands locked together. I look away and notice a cigarette on the floor. I look up at Calum and I imagine him wanting one so bad right now instead of wanting to get my approval of him so bad. I don't know what Calum's thinking, but I bet it's about cigarettes.

{Calum}
I really really hope Luke is enjoying this date. He looks a little worried right now but I don't really want to question it. Maybe he's wondering if he should forgive me, I really hope he is because I just want him to 100% love me again. I feel like he probably actually hates me a bit right now.

I know that he has every reason to because I stupidly went to a party on our anniversary. Maybe, if we're still dating and last two years, I can plan something special. I love Luke a lot and I don't want to leave him and I don't want him to leave me. Ever.

--
A/N: i feel so shshjdjds