Chapter Two.

Jasmine yawned as she entered her office and holding two cups of coffee in her hand waited till Sam arrived then handed it to him. And noticed the bruise, that darkened his chin. Her eyes widened but Sam's eyes warned her not to ask about anything.

"Thanks," He said. Jasmine nodded, looking at him in concern.

"Tomorrow it's your turn," She said and Sam nodded, breaking eye contact with her.

Today he was wearing a long sleeved turtle neck black shirt with black jeans.

He was also wearing his gun holster, with his gun nestled inside.

"Hey, Nathan wants to see everybody in the main room," A man said stopping at their door. Jasmine nodded.

Jasmine watched as Sam gingerly got to his feet.

They walked to the main room and saw that all their teammates were there.

Everybody asked what happened and is he okay when they all saw Sam.

"I just fell, a little drunk," Sam said and Jasmine knew he was lying. How she didn't know but she just knew he was. Even Nathan shot him a look.

Nathan started introducing everybody to Jasmine and she nodded at them all.

There was a table set up with donuts.

 Jasmine got up and grabbed two then handed one to Sam as she ate hers.

"Yum," She said and grinned. Sam smiled back, wincing his pain.

"Are you sure you’re okay?" Jasmine asked looking his over.

Sam nodded and shot her a grin.

For the next half hour Nathan talked to everybody, Jasmine watched Sam and knew he was in serious pain. Not just because of his chin either. As he ate his donut Jasmine saw the edge of his wrists, they looked bruised.

She waited till Sam was looking at another place then with quick moves jerked his shirt sleeve back. Sam whipped around and jerked away jumping to his feet but not before Jasmine saw all the bruises that dusted his arm.

"Holy Crap," She whispered then looked up at him. There interaction had caught the attention of everybody.

"Everything okay?" Nathan called.

Sam glared at her, jerking his shirt back in place.

"Yes, everything is fine," Jasmine said in what she hoped was a steady voice.

Sam sat back down and glared at her.

"Sam, what happened? You need to go the hospital," Jasmine whispered, her voice horrified. It looked like someone had beaten him with a two by four.

"I'm fine," He said in a tight voice.

"No you're not, you’re in pain, Sam you need to see a doctor," Jasmine hissed.

"No I don't," Sam hissed back through clenched teeth.

"Want me to tell Nathan?" Jasmine threatened.

"Go ahead," Sam taunted but they both knew she wasn't going too.

"What happened? It looks like someone beat you," Jasmine softened her tone of voice. Sam looked away. Bingo.

"Someone did," Jasmine said loudly in shock as she jumped to her feet.

Again everybody stopped and looked at them.

"No someone did not!" Sam said leapt to his feet, then flinched in pain.

"Sam! You need to see a do-" Jasmine was cut off as Sam quickly pressed a hand to her mouth.