Chapter Seven

"Jasmine Macgregor will you marry me?" Sam asked and grinned when Jasmine squealed.

"Yes, yes, yes!" She said and leaned over to kiss him.

Sam pulled her a little and she fell on top of him, never breaking the kiss.

Somebody cleared their throat but both Sam and Jas ignored it.

"Hello?" A voice said and finally they stopped kissing to look.

"What?" Jasmine snapped breathlessly.

They looked and saw Jane standing there.

"Oh, mom," Jasmine scrambled off Sam and sat up, sheepishly.

"I asked her to marry me," Sam blurted and Jane's expression lit up.

"I said yes," Jasmine confirmed and Jane squealed.

Jane hugged Jasmine then held out her arms to Sam.

He looked uncomfortable and Jane's heart squeezed a little.

"Come here and give your mama a hug," She said gently.

Jasmine giggled and Sam still looked uneasy.

But he moved forward attentively and hugged her.

Jane hugged him back fiercely.

"Welcome to the family," She cried dabbing her eyes.

"Thanks," Sam said and cleared his throat.

"Let's go tell the rest of the family the good news!" Jace said and they went downstairs and to the kitchen.

Davy, Art and Ash were sitting at the table.

"Guess what?" Jane cried out when they entered.

"What?" Davy asked.

"Sam and Jasmine are getting married!" Jane laughed.

Everybody started talking and laughing and con grads and everything.

Sam broke away from it all and went to stand in front of the window looking out.

For one instant he thought he saw his mother standing there smiling and waving at him.

"You okay?" Jasmine asked coming up behind him and putting her arms around him.

"Yeah, I'm really okay," Sam said and realized it was the truth.

Three days later.

Sam approached his mothers casket and stared at the woman inside.

She was dressed in her finest clothes and there was a peaceful expression on her face.

Sam smiled and bent to kiss her softly on the cheek.

"Bye Mama," He whispered and then shut the casket and nodded at the people waiting to lower it.

They did and gently slowly they lowered the casket into the whole.

They then started throwing dirt back on it and covered it.

Jasmine stood back with her family and Nathan her boss while Sam watched as the dirt was thrown.

He held out a hand without looking and Jasmine went to him.

 She grabbed his hand and Sam pull her to his side.

Jasmine rested her head on his shoulder and the stood like that while rain began to fall. They got soaked but they didn't move.

Finally when all the dirt had filled whole, Sam crouched and put a blood red rose on the freshly packed dirt and stepped back.

Jasmine added a white lily.

"Let's go," Sam said smiling down at her.

"Okay," Jasmine agreed and they left.

Everybody gathered back at her parents house.

"Hey, I need to talk to you two," Nathan said.

They sat at the table, Sam and Jasmine holding hands.

"I'm really sorry about your mother and father," Nathan began.

Sam nodded.

"But why didn't you tell me?" He asked. Nathan right before the funeral had been told the enter truth about Sam's past.

"I didn't tell anybody," Sam replied.

Nathan nodded.

"The victims family's are all relieved that it's finally over," Nathan told them.

"Thank you," Jasmine said and then smiled.

"You're invited to our wedding, it's next week," She laughed.

"I better be invited! I am after all the person who set you guys up," Nathan spoke smugly.

"Whatever!" Sam laughed and shook his head.

Nathan laughed with him.

"Want to stand in as my best man?" Sam asked.

"Why it would be my pleasure," Nathan grinned.

Jasmine walked slowly down the aisle and her eyes locked on Sam's.

He was breathing taking in a black tuxedo.

His eyes tracked her every move and swept down to look at her all of her.

Jasmine dress was white with a long trail and a wide lacy skirt, her top was tight with tiny pearls outlining the neckline and tiny straps. In the back small diamonds sparkled and outlined the bottom of the skirt. Her hair cascaded over her shoulders and down her back in curls and her veil was also covered with tiny diamonds.

Finally Jasmine reached Sam.

The pastor went through their vows and finally announced.

"And now you may kiss your bride,"

With cheers filling their ears, Sam and Jasmine met in the middle and kissed with their hearts and souls.

"I love you," Jasmine whispered against his lips.

"I love you back," Sam whispered against her lips.

Jasmine looked into his eyes and asked "Will you always love me?"

Sam looked into her own eyes and answered with everything in him that he would.

"Mac, I think you're the best thing that's ever happened to me," Sam whispered in her ear as family started coming up to them.

Jasmine smiled at him.

"I know you're the best thing that's happened to me too, so I guess were even," Jasmine grinned up at him, her eyes twinkling.

Sam threw back his head and laughed and when he turned his head he saw his mother standing in a white billowing dress, a beautiful smile on her face, looking ten years younger, she blew a kiss to him and then was gone.

Jasmine and Sam held each other and kept whispering they loved each other.

And for the rest of their life's they did love each other. He never saw his mother again.

TWO WEEKS LATER.

 "Sam? Mac? We have a job for you. We want you to help with capturing the Rose Killer," Nathan told them as they sat in front of his office.

Sam and Jasmine glanced at each other and smiled.

"You'll be working with two agents named Butch Carstair and Roger Cassidy," Nathan began.

"Be glad too," They answered.

THE END.     

STAYED TUNED FOR PROMISE HARDSTONE, BOUNTY HUNTER.

 SECOND BOOK IN THE FBI CASE SERIES.