Chapter Two

I pulled into the parking lot three minutes before the first bell and hurriedly made my way into the building. Five years ago, I swore I'd never step foot into my old high school again, but here I am. I made my way down the familiar crowded hallways and managed to plop in my desk chair just as the bell rang. Whew... thank you mystery man. Without him, I would've been late on my first day. I examined the room which was in perfect order, awaiting students. I turned around in my chair as I went to put my things away.
Suddenly a rowdy group of students entered the once peaceful room. I groaned, not ready for noise and unruly children. "Excuse me, ladies and gentleman, but you do understand this is a library, correct?" I turned my chair around to find a sea of... leather... and red? This can't be! The Rodents ignored me and continued their ruckus. I was about to get ugly until there was a loud SNAP! The group fell silent. It's him!
"Didn't you hear the lady? Mind your manners", he reprimanded. "Yeah, mind your manners", a girl biker with a squeaky voice and huge hair echoed. He rolled his eyes at her and then they met mine. Those sunglasses had been hiding beautiful brown eyes that matched his tall, dark, handsome and dangerous persona. He winked at me and then his eyes bore into me. I was nearly frozen in my stupor, but I managed to shake myself out of it. Be professional, be professional. "Th-thank you. Now, can I help you?"
A blonde surfer-looking boy and a pretty brunette girl emerged from the leather clad crowd. They, however, didn't seem to be a part of the gang based on their normal clothing. "We're sorry, ma'am. We were just giving them a tour of the school", he apologized. "They're new here", the girl added. You didn't have to tell me that. I've never seen kids like this before, except in movies. "Ahh... ok. Well, if you need anything, feel free to ask."
I could feel him watching me, as I struggled not to make eye contact. How can he be in high school? No high school boy has a body like that! "Ok guys, let's keep moving", the blonde boy called. The bikers stood around, disinterested, ignoring him as they had me. "Hey! Ain't yous guys got ears? Move it! Yeesh...", mystery man commanded. "Yeah, ain't yous guys got ears", the big-haired girl echoed once again.
They finally followed the leaders, with you-know-who in the rear. He strode behind them with the same swagger as before. He didn't look at me but, boy, was I looking at him! The group had exited but he lingered at the doorway. He turned to face me and said "Now you gotta thank me twice." He grinned and then glanced to see how far behind the gang he was. "Later, doll!" He winked and with that, he was gone again. Appalled, I sunk back into my chair. It happened so fast, I didn't even have time to reply. Doll? What is this? 1960? I have a name... ughh... and what does he mean by thank him twice? I went back to what I was doing, still contemplating what had just happened.