Nobody Shadows

This is the story about the Nobody Shadows. Keep your eyes peeled, & you might be able to save yourself. On a long, slow day, when you are alone with the air conditioner the the clocks, sometimes you will hear a sound. Soft and quiet, hidden among the clocks' ticking and your own soft footsteps.
It will sound like a soft tapping on the wall, as though there is someone on the other side trying to get your attention. A message to the coward: do not attempt to ignore this tapping. The longer you do not investigate, the louder the soft knocking will get, until the pounding on the wall with start knocking off pictures.
Go around to the other side of the wall.The knocking will stop immediately as you enter the room. The room will apear to be empty at first, but don't freak out. The Nobody Shadow is definitely still there. Look at the wall.
I've tried everything to explain this scientifically, but there's just nothing. Some inexplicable patch of light that looks like sunlight shining through a window will be on the wall, even if the angle of the sun is wrong or the windows don't match the light. This unexplained patch of wall is where you will see the Nobody Shadow.
The shadow is cast on the wall, even if the light angle is wrong. And do not make this mistake: it is not an illusion, and it is not your shadow. Do not touch the wall, and do not look away, unless you are willing to sacrifice your life for someone you've never met.
The Nobody Shadow will start waving at you, frantically, as though trying to get help, and sometimes gesture to look behind you, but again, do not look away or touch the wall unless you are willing to trade your life for there's.
The Nobody Shadows were once people like you, but were tricked and trapped in another world, like being stuck in the walls of reality, a mere shadow of what they once were. But on occasion, they are able to force themselves through again, and make you see or hear them, in hopes that you will tell their story, see them, acknowledge them. They hope that mabey a kind person or coward will free them from their sublife.
But, I beg of you, if you choose to look away or touch the wall, tell your family you love them first. You will not be able to be seen by reality in a long, long time. Your kindness will not go unappreciated. The person you freed from the walls of reality will life the rest of their life in gratefullness, and never forget the sacrifice you made for them.
If you do not choose to free them, simply move so your arm is in the sun, and you cast a shadow on a wall. Wave. The Nobody Shadow will wave back, and you can look away safely. The Nobody Shadow will go in peace, knowing you will tell his story.
How do I know these things? Well, let's just say I was a bit too curious for my own good. About the inexplicable shadow for my own good.