Chapter 6

The past week has been good for Ella. She, Aubrey, Timothy, and Dan had been working on a project to expand the cafe.

Initially, she thought to clarify her status with Ron to Daniel and Timothy, but she still hadn't gotten a chance to tell them the entire truth about the marriage, and later on, she assumed that both of them figured because they would have asked her. Further, her conversation with Ron made it apparent that everything was in jest.

At present, it was Saturday, and Ella was having an argument with her daughter. Lilly was persistent about eating chocolate, and Ella was against it. They continued arguing until she heard the doorbell. Before she could take a step and open the door, Lilly beat her to it.

Daniel was driving around when he came across Ella's home. Well, he had not been officially given her address, but he knew that she lived next to Nelson's. He decided to speak with Ella. Their conversation was long overdue, and it was about time they talked.

He stopped the car in front of her house and rang the doorbell. He was anxious, but he could not wait any longer than he had already. He did have quite a few opportunities while they were working for the expansion of the café, but he did not feel right to drag her from work to sort out their personal issues.

They both needed to be level-headed to have a conversation.

However, Daniel was surprised that, instead of Ella, a little girl opened the door. Before he could react and ask her mother to find Ella's address, a familiar voice came from the house.

"Lilly, how many times do I need to tell you not to open the door? What if there is a dangerous person?" Ella finally came into view and was shocked to see Dan.

She did not expect him to show up at her home unannounced. This was not good, and it only made her panic. Her eyes were wide with apprehension.

"Dan."

"Do you know him, Mom? You should call him inside. It is rude to make guests wait outside." Lilly grabbed Danel's hand with her little ones and pulled him inside their home.

He, on the other hand, was stunned to even utter a single word, while Ella was having her own mental panic attack. This is not how Daniel was supposed to find the truth.

"Mommy, why are you two looking like that? And can I have chocolate?" Her little daughter asked, trying to take advantage of the situation and have her treats early.

But hearing the word chocolate made Ella come to her senses and divert her attention from Dan to her daughter. "No, Lilly. You are not having it." She scowled at her daughter. Lily was at times too smart for her own good.

Definitely Daniel Ashfield's daughter.

"Please, Mommy." Lily gave her mother's puppy dog's eyes.

"No, Lilly. Your puppy-like look is not going to work on me. And in case you forget, I already let you have a chocolate milkshake. Too many sweets are not good for you."

"But mom, please. That was a milkshake. Drinking chocolate and eating chocolate are two different things." Lily whined.

"Lilly, I will tell Ron to give you an injection if you don't listen to me." Ella's words made Lily's eyes wide with fear, and at the same moment, Ron showed his presence.

"Hello, my favourite girls." He greeted them.

Lilly, however, snuck behind Ella when she saw him.

"What did you say to that poor kid about me?" He glared at Ella.

"She wanted to have chocolate." She rolled her eyes in return.

"Seriously, Ella. Give that child a break and stop making me a monster in front of my princess's eyes."

"But..."

Ron cut her off. "You cannot blame her for having a sweet tooth. Firstly, she is a child, and all kids love chocolate, and secondly, you used to wake me up at three at night to have chocolates. So, technically, it's on you."

"But I was pregnant and was craving sweets. You cannot put that on me." Ella pouted.

"Whatever." Ron then focused his attention on the little girl, who was still hiding from him. "Lily dear. Why don't you go get ready upstairs? Then we will go to the park. I will even buy you your favorite chocolates, and I pinky promise no injection for you. We might consider giving one to your mother." He winked at her.

Lilly giggled and ran upstairs to get ready to have a day out with her Uncle Ron as Ella frowned at her friend.

"Seriously, Ron?" Ella crossed her arm.

"Yes, seriously. Now listen. I need a favour from you. I need to take Lilly to the park. Clancy is coming there with Kayden." He was scratching his neck.

"You owe me, and not too much chocolate for Lily," Ella said.

"Yes, Ma'am." Ron smiled, but then he narrowed his eyes in confusion when he noticed another man standing with them with a frown of his own. "Oh, hey, I didn't see you there. I am Ron."

Ella stiffened. She completely forgot about Dan standing there.

"Daniel," he said stiffly.

"Oh! You are the one who works at Dad's cafe, right? Aubrey told me about you. You are friends with that Timothy guy, right? Give him my condolences. If he is planning to date my sister, he is going to go through hell." He joked.

Lilly then came downstairs, breaking their conversation apart. She asked her mother, showing her index finger. "I am ready. Mom, please. Can I please have one chocolate?"

Ella sighed and finally gave her daughter her approval to have her treat, kissing her on both cheeks. "Only one,"

Lily bobbed her head happily and kissed her mother's cheeks as she left with her uncle Ron. Dan was, however, baffled by the sight in front of him. He couldn't believe Ella had a daughter.

He was furious, so before either of them could even say another word, he stormed out. Ella, on the other hand, was in a state of disarray. She was unable to think straight. Daniel knew the truth. He saw Lily before she could have even formally introduced both of them.

Timothy was watching television but flinched when Dan entered their house and slammed the door hard. He immediately went outside to find Dan throwing a chair in the hall and pulling his hair out.

"Daniel?" He called out to his friend to see him completely red. Timothy, though, was shocked to learn the truth.

"Ella has a daughter. She has a kid named Lilly. Can you believe it? She and Ron have a kid. She named their child Lilly. It was supposed to be mine and Ella's daughter's name, but she went ahead and named her and Ron's daughter Lilly."

Dan was in a sour mood, and Timothy knew that he needed to leave him alone. Now that he had vented his anger, he would need some space.

He, however, wanted to confirm for himself the entire deal with Ella and Ron, so he took his coat and went to Ella's house. The time for procrastinating was over. With Ella back in their lives, his friend had become impulsive and would assume anything thrown in front of him. He, though, could not digest the fact that Ella would have a daughter named Lilly, who is Ron's child.

The entire story sounded ridiculous.

There was more to the story, and it was about time to jump and dig for the truth. He needs to talk with Ella.