Chapter 27

"You're kidding, right?"

Luciana shrugs, "Well, I doubt she'll have enough wolves for an army, if that makes you feel any better."

I groan and rub my eyes. I pull on my pants and rant mainly to myself. "Why does she even want to attack? I mean, I don't like her in the least and I think she's a homicidal maniac that should be in jail or something but I'm not going to rally the troops and attack her. I don't even want to challenge her or anything. What the hell is her problem with me?"

"You're a threat," Rose reminds me. "A threat to her leadership. She's already had two wolves defect and join your pack and you weren't even an alpha then. She's cruel and very few of her packmates are actually loyal to her."

"I don't have anywhere for any more packmates to stay." I frown. If they don't mind staying in the garage...

"I'm sure they'll stay with Shiba and spy for us until the big battle. Don't worry to much." Rose places a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Why can't you or Luciana or Hunter or anyone else be the true alpha?" I don't want this.

I just want to play video games and stress about my future until I'm shipped off to college, not fight supernatural creatures. At least in both situations, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

"Any ideas on what to do next?" I ask. Because I have no clue. My packmates shake their heads. "Excellent. We can stay busy trying not to get killed over the next few days and think about how to fight a crazed she-wolf that wants me dead."

I say it sarcastically, yes, but that's my actual plan. Not dying sounds like an amazing way to spend the rest of my life. Which may not be very long.

Hunter and Luciana leave. I think Luciana added that extra away to her hips on purpose. Her plan is working because she's smirking and Hunter is having a hard time looking anywhere other than her butt.

I wonder how long it'll take them to finally get together.

I watch them, coughing to hide my laughter when Hunter walks straight into a wall. Apparently I didn't do well because she glares at me with a red face before walking past the wall that now has a slight dent and out of my room.

Rose is smiling at the now empty doorframe. She turns to me, "I'm glad that Luciana's found someone. I haven't seen her this happy and carefree since her brother died."

I raise an eyebrow. She seems much happier than when I first saw her, but I didn't know that it's that big of a deal. She deserves someone that makes her happy. They both do.

The nice thoughts are interrupted by the unmistakable sound of glass shattering right behind me. I spin around to see someone flopped on the ground. The person groans and gasps out a "sorry" before Rose is sitting on their back, forcibly pinning them down.