Chapter 4

1 month left

The past couple of months had passed quickly, too quickly for for your liking. Traveling down the open road, with Sam and Dean in the front seat of the Impala, hunting the things that went bump in the night, or researching in the bunker. This was how you had spent the last few months you had left.

You couldn't complain, it was all you knew, and loved. You enjoyed watching Sam and Dean bicker in front of you, over the most mundane things. Hunting monsters made you forget, at least for a little bit, that your time was soon ending. And you loved spending time in the bunker, even though researching wasn't your favorite thing to do.

Sam had stayed true to his promise, he spent all his time researching, trying to find a way to save you. Many times, you would wake up in the middle of the night, only to find the bed next to you cold and unused. You would make your way down the darkened hallway, finding his wide shoulders hunched over an old book, or his laptop. Hearing your footsteps, he would glance up, giving you a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. Afraid the research would consume him, you would lean against him, wrapping your arms around his shoulders, and lean against his head. It only took a moment before he would stand up, pick you up in his strong arms, and carry you back to bed. At least then, you knew he would get some much needed sleep.

Dean on the other hand, acted the same. He was great at his poker face, keeping all his thoughts and emotions inside, while you drank beer, and traded hunting stories. It was only out of the corner of your eye that you would see him staring at you, pity and grief clouding his forest green eyes.

It was an average Tuesday night at the bunker, spent drinking and goofing off, that the realization hit you. You had less than a month to enjoy this, then the Hell Hounds would come to drag you down into the put. Your normally tanned skin turned whiter than the flour you had used to make a pie for Dean. Your heart beat sped up, and for fora moment you thought you were having a panic attack.

You take a deep breath before handing Dean a beer, surprising him by asking, "Dean, what can I expect?"

He takes his time answering, his eye brows furrowed as he thinks, taking a sip of beer before answering. "Right before, you start hallucinating things, evil things, and it gets pretty freaky. Then the howling, the howling is almost worse than anything. It builds you up, until you almost welcome the silence death will bring. Being able to see the hounds, they are more terrifying than anything I've ever seen on Earth. Their eyes, the red glow, and the pointed teeth, it's horrible. Once the howling stops, its too late, they are on your, their rancid breath breathing down your neck before they pounce. At first, it feels like you are being flayed alive, but then you become numb, watching as your life force leaves your body."

You shiver, freaked out by Dean's speech, but glad he didn't try to make it sound better than it would be. Before you could ask any more questions, Sam walks in, running his hands through his shoulder length mahogany hair. He has darkened stubble on his chin, and dark circles underneath his eyes. It breaks your heart that he is working so hard to save you, and that all his work will probably be for naught.

Pushing your chair away from the table, you walk over to him, wrapping your slender arms around his green and blue plaid covered waist. He does the same, and the two of you stand together, finding comfort and solace in the embrace. Dean excuses himself from the room, giving the two of you some privacy.

"Sam?"

"Hmm?" He mumbles against your hair.

"Can we do something? Pretty please?"

You tilt your head up, gazing into Sam's hazel eyes, finding only love and compassion shining in them.

He nods his head, waiting for you to continue.